Trouble here with PCI Slot

stole38

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Hello :ange: Im having trouble with buying my graphics card and i my problem is with the motherboard... Let's get to the point i have PCI-E 16x slot but it needs to be 1.1 or 2.0 generation and i don't know what my type is... The motherboard is J&W A690G please i cannot find info anywere you are my last hope guys someone with Expirience should know this so Thank you in advance :wahoo:

If your MB has a PCIE, it will support any PCIE graphics card. 1.1 and 2.0 designate bandwidth available through the slot. PCIE graphics cards are compatible with either, they are backwards compatible.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If your mother board has a 1.1 PCI-E SLOT,YOU CAN RUN A 2.0 video card with no loss in performance.However if you had an older SLI board,based on 1.1,and you ran 2 video cards based on 2.0,you may have a slight performance hit.But again,that is based on what other hardware you're running such as CPU,RAM,PSU,etc.But for the single card applicatio,no worries.

Dahak

stole38

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

WoW Dahak thank you i owe you my life btw how sure are you if i have 1.1 pci e ... i mean the motherboard is made in 2007 second quarter ...i dont know if 1.1 buses were popular then...