Sign in with
Your question

Trouble here with PCI Slot

Last response: in Motherboards
October 17, 2009 7:29:49 AM

Hello :ange:  Im having trouble with buying my graphics card and i my problem is with the motherboard... Let's get to the point i have PCI-E 16x slot but it needs to be 1.1 or 2.0 generation and i don't know what my type is... The motherboard is J&W A690G please i cannot find info anywere you are my last hope guys someone with Expirience should know this so Thank you in advance :wahoo: 

More about : trouble pci slot

a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2009 7:36:25 AM

If your MB has a PCIE, it will support any PCIE graphics card. 1.1 and 2.0 designate bandwidth available through the slot. PCIE graphics cards are compatible with either, they are backwards compatible.
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2009 7:41:23 AM

Why does the slot need to be PCIe 1.1 or 2.0?

Any video card should be backwards compatible with any PCIe slot.
Related resources
October 17, 2009 9:40:40 AM

Ok so will i lose performance ?on my PCI x16 slot ?
October 17, 2009 12:44:06 PM

If your mother board has a 1.1 PCI-E SLOT,YOU CAN RUN A 2.0 video card with no loss in performance.However if you had an older SLI board,based on 1.1,and you ran 2 video cards based on 2.0,you may have a slight performance hit.But again,that is based on what other hardware you're running such as CPU,RAM,PSU,etc.But for the single card applicatio,no worries.

Dahak
October 17, 2009 12:47:02 PM

Dahak said:
If your mother board has a 1.1 PCI-E SLOT,YOU CAN RUN A 2.0 video card with no loss in performance.However if you had an older SLI board,based on 1.1,and you ran 2 video cards based on 2.0,you may have a slight performance hit.But again,that is based on what other hardware you're running such as CPU,RAM,PSU,etc.But for the single card applicatio,no worries.

Dahak

WoW Dahak thank you i owe you my life btw how sure are you if i have 1.1 pci e ... i mean the motherboard is made in 2007 second quarter ...i dont know if 1.1 buses were popular then...
!