Gigabyte UD3P and four sticks of ram won't post

reefteck

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Okay so I've seen some threads on this already but, none quite like this situation. I'm also weighing the pros and cons of what to do about this. First system specs:
-Gigabyte UD3P Mobo
-DDR2 2x2GB GSkill RAM 1066 (currently: 3, 3, 3, 10)
-Wolfdale E8500 @ 3.61GHz
-2x Saphire 4870 1GB mem each, @ 780Mhz ea on crossfire setup
-850watt OCZ power supply
-2x WD 500gig Caviar Drives @ 7500rpm

I know that if I want to fill all four channels with RAM my timings are going to have to increase significantly. I set it to 5,5,5,18 and my MCH Voltage to 1.8 and then shut it down. then put my extra sticks of ram in turn it on and.....nothing no post, no beeps (so its not power?), just runs the fans and lights and who knows what else is going on there.

Here's the catch, my second sticks of ram are GSKill RAM but they are 1 gig sticks, of course I am running all ram in color corresponding channels 2x2 in red and 1 gig cards in yellow. Although they are different capacities they are same speed, voltage and cas latency, I had them running in my previous ASUS board.

I gotta say, the way my timings are set (which are stable btw) this thing is retarded fast, I'm kind of liking this, but I think I am going to (sooner or later) require the higher 6 gig capacity.

Suggestions? Thanks everybody.