Sign in with
Your question

Graphic driver for Windows 7 Pavilion dv 6500

Last response: in Windows 7
September 21, 2011 8:12:02 PM

I need graphic driver for Windows 7 Pavilion dv 6500.
Please help me out!
Thank you in advance!
September 21, 2011 8:29:15 PM

You should be able to use the Windows Vista drivers for that model, and they're available on HP's site for that model.

www.hp.com/support
m
l
September 21, 2011 9:15:02 PM

Try the Nvidia website first. I checked the site and they have your exact model on their driver list. the link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
If the drivers they have there do not work try your laptop manufacturers website and hope they have a relativity recent driver.(most makers do NOT) The direct Nvidia drivers may not work as some companies do this with their gear so that what I believe is to sell more PCs.
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2011 9:19:24 PM

thor220 said:
Try the Nvidia website first. I checked the site and they have your exact model on their driver list. the link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
If the drivers they have there do not work try your laptop manufacturers website and hope they have a relativity recent driver.(most makers do NOT) The direct Nvidia drivers may not work as some companies do this with their gear so that what I believe is to sell more PCs.

I recommended the manufacturer's website first, because the OP most likely has no idea what video chipset is in the laptop, and some manufacturers use different vendor strings for their video cards/IGP's that interfere with using the video chipset makers' drivers.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 21, 2011 9:54:51 PM

Lets just say this for anyone who might ask "where do I get drivers for my blah, blah, blah. (any type of prebuild)
I you have an HP PC, go to the HP website, if you have a Dell PC, go to the Dell Website, if you have a Gateway PC, go to the Gateway website, if you have an Acer PC, go to the Acer Website, are we starting to see a pattern here yet?
m
l
!