So I was looking around, and to be honest, this'll be the first time I've bought a decent headset. It's time to retire me 2 year old 30 buck headset, hurts my ears. But yeah, I was planning to get a headset below 60$, that goes over my ears but also is compatible with the PS3 and PC. I was looking Turtle Beaches (Specifically the P11) and I hear good things about them.

But the P11 I don't know if the P11 will work out for my PS3. This is because I use a monitor and that has 2 HDMI ports which is how I display my PS3 and PC, as well as how I get the audio. I use an audio jack on my monitor to connect audio to my headset and the mic has a separate USB thing for it. So would the P11 work? If you look on the How it works section you'll see that you need to use the red and yellow jacks of the TV, but I don't have that on my monitor, so could I directly jack the green cable into the audio port in my monitor?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product [...] e-p11.aspx

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, a two years almost and I still don't know where I'd post these questions, just found that this was the general discussion =P

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Possibly in the Systems->homebuilt section or CPUs And Components->Other Components?

Try the creative sound blaster Arena Pro. Its USB and has built in sound card so I assume it would be compatible with PS3 (but dont quote me on that, the fact that it requires driver support might me it isn't).

I have one and the sound quality is very very good. Its over ear and pretty comfortable. I am from England and it was just over £60 so would be similar in US I imagine. Alternately the Corsair HS51 is pretty good.

bojo600

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
green plugged audio cables should work in headphone audio ports if that's what your asking, i've done it a billion times, they always work as long as its a speaker output, but your link doesn't work so i dunno for now.

also, red and yellow jacks on a tv are used for sound and video (i think yellow is video, and red n white are stereo sound) so i dunno what your trying to get with that until tht link is fixed :D

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Agreed, but its nice to fantasize isn't it? If only ever one of us could afford $200 on a headset, lol. These are another I have been looking at, a much cheaper solution with a good range, 18Hz-22kHZ. Which is the entire audible sound spectrum, excluding bass-baffle (you know the bass that shakes the house!), which is in the 10Hz range. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106295

I am currently working on custom speaker systems, which is why I haven't been on Tom's for for months :)

All so nice but so expensive at the same time. I think I may stick to just waiting for the P11's. I just don't have money to spare for +60$ heatsets. With my T2i wanting a new lens and needing to split budget between comp and stuff. I think I'll just go for the P11's in wholesale.

Of course if you know headsets cheaper but also good. I'd be happy to oblige. You should check out Turtlebeaches, they're actually cheaper than I thought.

Latest posts