Need help flashing bios of Fatal1ty FP-IN9

agevkired

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
after flashing the BIOS, the ethernet port are no longer. sometimes the system freezes or resets. I clear the CMOS after flashing and set it to fail-safe, but the same problem occurs

Solution
Hi,

I have the same motherboard and I would like to explain the situation:

I have the same problem of this topic, sometimes the system freezes or resets. I dont know if it was after the update BIOS to:

http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/fpin9sli//m624b16.zip

Today, alwaws when I let the pc stopped, it will freeze, each 10 minutes more or less. Example: I'm using the PC, so, I get out front of PC... if I will stay away to 10~15 minutes the PC will freeze, but If I come back before the 10 minutes and make something (click button, enter, move the mouse) the PC does not freeze.

Another case is: almosts always when the Windows finish to start... it show the Screen Login and when I choose my User, after some seconds the PC...
Exactly why did you flash the BIOS to a newer version? What was wrong that you needed to update the BIOS? If you were not having a problem, then flash it back to the BIOS you had and leave it alone. If you were having a problem, did you flash the correct BIOS for your board, and is it compatible with the revision of your board?

agevkired

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
with the older BIOS, the computer usually hangs, then reset when booting up. Rebooting the computer usually gets through this problem. The other problem is that overclocking did not show. CPU-Z mainly.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
overclocking didnt show? how do you know you overclocked it then?

so you are saying,,,

before flash.. lockups

after flash lockups and no Ethernet?

sounds like a problem did you try one of the troubleshooting checklists available here?

have you tried monitoring any of the temps to see if something is overheating?
motherboard chipset or whatever?

agevkired

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
temps fine. lockups when booting due to BIOS. I updated BIOS to get rid of the problem. Rebooting after system lockups usually works. It's a minor annoyance only. But after flashing BIOS, I have no lockup problem because that's what the update fixes, but the Ethernet is not detected at all.
did not look at troubleshooting checklists. where is it?

GoldenShadow

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I didn't have that problem. I had that exact same motherboard. I was forced to flash the bios to get support for a newer CPU. My ethernet port still worked fine afterwards. Make sure the ethernet is enabled in the bios, and when you are in windows, scan for new hardware from control panel. If that don't work, buy a add in PCI NIC

giustin

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi,

I have the same motherboard and I would like to explain the situation:

I have the same problem of this topic, sometimes the system freezes or resets. I dont know if it was after the update BIOS to:

http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/fpin9sli//m624b16.zip

Today, alwaws when I let the pc stopped, it will freeze, each 10 minutes more or less. Example: I'm using the PC, so, I get out front of PC... if I will stay away to 10~15 minutes the PC will freeze, but If I come back before the 10 minutes and make something (click button, enter, move the mouse) the PC does not freeze.

Another case is: almosts always when the Windows finish to start... it show the Screen Login and when I choose my User, after some seconds the PC reboot. There is sometimes that PC makes a "tic" on HD in the exactally moment the it reboot.

Somedays, the PC rebooting 5 or 6 times.. after, it be OK and I can work (but if you stop do work, it will freeze again).

The PC reboot just in time the Windows finish to start, after the LOGIN.

- Things that I did to try fix it:

- buy a ATX P4 SATELITE 400W REAL SATA-545K8;
- clean the memory and too change them to NEW memory;
- change the HardDisk
- install a new copy of Windows XP

ps: one time, I try to use live Linux and I see by once time the mouse freeze.

The once hardware that I do not change was my NVIDIA GF7200, but I clean the SLOT.

The problem that I told you there is since 1 year and I dont know what to do anymore. Someone can help me?

Solution

giustin

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Good for you, man. Cause' to me I had already to change the RAM memory to another stick NEW, and the resets after the Windows finish to start continues.

Now I'm trying to install Windows 7 version. I don't know, maybe the hardware manager is more than better Windows XP and it may help me.

agevkired

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

dont know if this helps, but after replacing my RAMs, my comp still crashed. I found out that the RAMs were undervolted and increased voltage in the BIOS. After that, the computer ran smoothly.

giustin

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

Some days to past and the Windows 7 start to show similar problems. The first were the window:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1046

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041790
BCP2: FFFFFA800025D610
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050510-16473-01.dmp
C:\Users\Giustin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36379-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Is there something that can I try to fix, embased of this message? Thank you.