Sign in with
Your question

How to run programs on a server

Tags:
Last response: in Toms Network
March 3, 2012 4:49:35 AM

Hello,
I am wanting to run programs on a server or something without having to run them on my computer. I am clueless when it comes to all of this so if someone can tell me what I need that would be great. A friend told me about xenserver but that said it requires a dedicated server and seemed really complicated. So if someone has a simple solution it would be appreciated. Thanks

More about : run programs server

March 6, 2012 5:59:34 PM

There is no simple solution in running applications off the server. Look at terminal server setup, Citrix setup, some applications offer server setup natively though, check with whatever programs you are trying to run. Although in many cases, the program still runs on the local PC, but the setup and central storage files are on the server.
m
l
March 8, 2012 9:38:16 PM

A friend of mine said he has a this thing that is like a virtual computer and its not tied to a computer at all. He said its like $30 a month but cant remember how he got it. So I would like to find something like he has that is virtual but i can log into it anywhere.
m
l
March 9, 2012 1:01:36 PM

You can't see what he is using? At least you'll have a name for it. There are cloud based apps, Microsoft has Office 360, you can get storage like that, music services run off the internet.
m
l
Related resources
!