ASUS Rampage or EVGA Classified

G

which would you recommended, the asus rampage 2 or the evga x58 classified I have had great experience with ASUS but am torn between these 2.

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
the classified would be best. it is designed for maximum overclocks which means that the likely hood of it failing at medium/no overclocks is extremely unlikely. though, the rampage 2 is still a great board. in the end, its about how much you want to spend

AudiBoy

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I'm trying to make the same decision right now. I got a deal on a new 965. It's going in a HAF 932. The colors on the Classified would look awesome, but have you seen the ROG controller for the Rampage? No more bios, you can do it all from a sweet looking panel. HMMMMMMMM. Anyone have the controller? Does it work well? Decisions and I need to move quickly. The EVGA rebate expires tomorrow and there is a pkg deal on the Asus board and controller at the egg. Any help?

I would get the Classified if I had money to burn and did not need any other piece of hardware. If something else was needed other than the mobo then the Asus would be a no-brainer.

MadMax75th

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
does anyone know of a comparison test between the Rampage II and the Classified? I am having trouble finding a good evaluation of the 2.
Thanks,
Max

tommy6860

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007

What kind of support does the EVGA classified give for ATI 5870s in crossfire, the MOBO doesn't show those specs?

tarek0

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME should be the one u choose for many reasons shes the record holder of I7 recording and smashing the cpu frequency in a staggering 5510.09 MHZ ASUS boards made on high extreme steroids and to last time after time i own it and believe me her bios is outstanding u will never put ur hand on any easy tweaker bios like this Mobo so easy to handle it yet so extreme this is the best Board ever made 10x ASUS and yes a big 10x for ASUS R.O.G Engineers ASUS is ur way like the RAMPAGE II EXTREME is the queen of all x58 u should take it t.c all bye bye.

tarek0

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
yeah i am an ASUS fanboy u have to admit ASUS don't made one great board and that's it even they're mainstream boards r o.c nuts the evga classified was designed for one purpose to match ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME both r great yes they r but ASUS still in the lead ;)