Nvidia 8800 GT video card

SW May

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I want to video on my video camera what is showing on my PC screen. I connected my camera to the video card tv out connection and the camera doesnt communicate with the video card. Please help

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I could be wrong, but most most video card ports on the back are for output only. If you want to record data off of your screen, you could either record the data on your video camera and then get a dvd of it to put into your disc drive OR you could get an adapter that would allow your video camera into a usb port on your computer. (not on the video card) Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but since I don't know what type of camera you're using, I can't be more specific. Best of luck to you!

Also, If your trying to record stuff from your pc, there are programs that can do this for you. (such as FRAPS, etc.) Unfortunately, if you are trying to record game video these programs generally result in a large performance hit.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Yeah you can't connect any source into a GPU, they can only output video sources. There used to be video cards that have VIVO (Video In Video Out) but they are all obsolete.

There aren't too many VIVO cards out there. Sounds like you need a video in card. You can get one pretty cheap, and you can even get a USB version so long as you remember that there will be some extra CPU overhead.