Sign in with
Your question

PC speakers wont play sound

Last response: in Windows XP
October 2, 2011 3:50:20 AM

Hi folks:
Suddenly (after my 13 year old granson "played" on my old dell with windows xp ) the sound ceased to function among other things.will I be able to find free software to fix the problem or will he be doing yard work for the next few weekends ?

grumpy gramps
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2011 5:30:18 AM

grumpy gramps said:
Hi folks:
Suddenly (after my 13 year old granson "played" on my old dell with windows xp ) the sound ceased to function among other things.will I be able to find free software to fix the problem or will he be doing yard work for the next few weekends ?

grumpy gramps

May not even be software related. Have you checked all connections for power supply and speakers, manual volume controls on speakers, and in control panel, sound to make sure they are not Muted ? :bounce: 
m
l
October 3, 2011 1:43:19 PM

ksiemb said:
May not even be software related. Have you checked all connections for power supply and speakers, manual volume controls on speakers, and in control panel, sound to make sure they are not Muted ? :bounce: 

Also check out if your media player is not Muted too, and if the media itself has playable audio (when you try to play files like .mov in Windows Media Player without the codecs, for example, only video shows up)

If "your Dell" is a notebook, check out if the computer was muted through the keyboard also.
m
l
Related resources
!