Creating Playlist on Axim X30

June 11, 2005 12:23:15 AM

I have a Dell Axim X30 with Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket
PC and a 512 MB storage card. I can sync. the songs I want to the
storage card on the Axim from my Desktop computer, but I can't get them
to show up under "Playlist", instead it creates a "Music" folder on the
stoage card which doesn't show up under playlist. I can't get it to
play past the first song and move on. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 7:30:57 PM

Without trying to figure out how you got WMP10 (Pocket MP10) on an an X30,
I'll just assume that's what you have. The process for playlist on Pocket
MP10 is that you must sync the playlist from MP10 on the PC. That has a
minor non-intuitive part. You must use automatic sync, not manual. You
select playlists to sync and when you start the sync, it will copy not only
the music files into the music folder, but also the playlist files into the
playlist folder. There is no way to create a permanent playlist in Pocket
MP 10, though you can set up a queue.

Even if you don't sync playlists, you should be able to open All music, or
album, etc. in the Library and when all the tracks are displayed just hit
play at the bottom of the library screen, to play whatever is shown
sequentially.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"Andy" <atofil@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Axim X30 with Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket
> PC and a 512 MB storage card. I can sync. the songs I want to the
> storage card on the Axim from my Desktop computer, but I can't get them
> to show up under "Playlist", instead it creates a "Music" folder on the
> stoage card which doesn't show up under playlist. I can't get it to
> play past the first song and move on. Any suggestions?

June 11, 2005 11:53:53 PM

My X30 came prepackaged with WMP10. I did sync the playlist manually,
so I'll try your suggestion of automatic. Thanks for the info.
Related resources
June 12, 2005 12:48:20 AM

You da man!!! It worked. I had to go into the Tools - Options (on my
Desktop) and click my device and change the sync to automatic that way.
I now have the playlist including CD covers. Thanks, again.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 9:21:51 PM

No problem. Interesting that you got you X30 with WMP10. I was not aware
that Dell was shipping that. Don't think mine had it, but really don't
recall any more.

--
> You da man!!! It worked. I had to go into the Tools - Options (on my
> Desktop) and click my device and change the sync to automatic that way.
> I now have the playlist including CD covers. Thanks, again.

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 9:24:49 PM

BTW, if it isn't obvious you can set one playlist for all your favorites.
Then you can do playlists for the hard rock ones, or the mellow ones, or
whatever out of that original list. If the song is in multiple playlists, it
will only copy it once. That way you can get a little more control out of
what will fit on your storage.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"Andy" <atofil@cox.net> wrote in message
> You da man!!! It worked. I had to go into the Tools - Options (on my
> Desktop) and click my device and change the sync to automatic that way.
> I now have the playlist including CD covers. Thanks, again.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:54:15 AM

Maybe I am doing something wrong, or just missing something, but my Axim X30
does not show up as a device in WMP10 on the puter. Can I possbly get a
"dummies guide to playlist syncing" to get my playlists onto my AximX30??

"Sven" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> BTW, if it isn't obvious you can set one playlist for all your favorites.
> Then you can do playlists for the hard rock ones, or the mellow ones, or
> whatever out of that original list. If the song is in multiple playlists,
> it will only copy it once. That way you can get a little more control out
> of what will fit on your storage.
>
> --
> Sven
> MVP - Mobile Devices
> "Andy" <atofil@cox.net> wrote in message
>> You da man!!! It worked. I had to go into the Tools - Options (on my
>> Desktop) and click my device and change the sync to automatic that way.
>> I now have the playlist including CD covers. Thanks, again.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:22:40 AM

You gotta get it to be seen before you worry about playlists. You are
connecting with ActiveSync and USB right? Wifi doesn't work and I'm not sure
about BT. (Don't have it on that machine). Do you connect the X30 via AS
first and then open Media Player? It can be guest connection BTW.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

!