Sign in with
Your question

What should I do - Asus P7P55D

Last response: in Motherboards
October 18, 2009 9:22:00 PM

Hello all,

I have ordered just last weak a new Intel i5 and Asus P7P55D. And then I read article about burned processors and motherboards on 1156 Foxconn chipsets.

What should I do? I don't have in plan to overclock processor but still as people say it can happen once. And no warranty will be there.

Do you think it will work since I won't overclock a processor?

Which motherboard do you recommend if I choose Core 2 Duo LGA 775 processor?

Thank you.
Safatr

More about : asus p7p55d

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
October 18, 2009 10:13:57 PM

safatr said:
Hello all,

I have ordered just last weak a new Intel i5 and Asus P7P55D. And then I read article about burned processors and motherboards on 1156 Foxconn chipsets.

What should I do? I don't have in plan to overclock processor but still as people say it can happen once. And no warranty will be there.

Do you think it will work since I won't overclock a processor?

Which motherboard do you recommend if I choose Core 2 Duo LGA 775 processor?

Thank you.
Safatr

It's not Foxconn chipset, it's Foxconn socket. And unless you plan on doing something extreme, you're probably fine. You can test-install the CPU to see if the socket leaves marks on the bottom like it's supposed to, but most people will be fine even if it doesn't.
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
October 19, 2009 12:03:46 AM

I would install the cpu once and leave it alone. Don't remove it if the voltages are stable. It either works or doesn't.
Related resources
October 19, 2009 7:49:56 AM

Thanks to all of you.

Chipset / Socket - sorry it was late.

May I ask how much is a warranty in Europe for Asus board and what would happen IF processor would be burned because of socket.
October 19, 2009 8:14:56 AM

I just contacted a distributor in my country and he said IF processor would be burned because of socket-board, ASUS would NOT cover the new processor, unless they decide differently (if they admit the whole series had a problem).
October 30, 2009 8:12:59 AM

Hello everyone,

I just got my new Asus P7P55D and i5 so please tell me what do you think:

The red area does not have a contact in my opinion.
June 1, 2010 1:08:21 PM

Stupidly or not, my i5 750/Socket has the same issue in the same core/Place..

=(:S

Amazingly or not i OC it to 3,5ghz/1,22v Core and Prime95/Intel Burn Test it passes no errors...

Confusing? How it´s that Core "OK" or Fully Working if Contacts are all messed Up, i can´t RMA it, Asus says it´s was fault ...Hahaha

regards

!