CM HAF 922 or CM Scout

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
The HAF has much better airflow, but is just a little bit larger and $10 more.
The Scout has decent airflow still, all black interior, and carrying handles on the top.

I'd say HAF for the extra large fans, but scout if you ever want to take it places.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Neither is particularly good looking as cases go. HAF has better airflow, but looks like some 80's designed brick.

CM Scout.... wouldnt be so bad... but why do they keep putting handles on their cases ?

Antec 1200 .... better performing - and better looking too

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Had the antec 900, was a awesum case just load and crappy cable management, I now have the Scout, Cooling is good, cable management is good, like the handle, i have to take it to work every wednesday...

Its a very solid case. The only issue i have with it is the 3.5" drivebays, i dont like the side mounting idea, but more the fact that if you have more than 3 drives(i have 4) some will be ontop of each other, i like leaving a gap between drives for cooling puposes.

At this point not realy an issue, drives are @27C at most.

The HAF is a nice case, just wasn't as practical for me, if my pc stayed at home i probably would have taken the Antec P182...

If i need to pick between the HAF an Scout again... Id pick the Scout again.

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Which cases would those be?

Antec 1200 .... better performing - and better looking too
No cutout on the mobo tray, lack of toolless features, no vent beneath the PSU, HDDs that aren't mounted sideways, and can't turn off the LEDs.

jcknouse

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Wow...that's a hard call. I've been looking at both of those cases. I like the 922 for the airflow cause I am gonna need that with 3x Xfire + OCed CPU + 4-6 HDs. But, the scout has more features I want and more 3.5" drive bays + a SSD drive bay adapter.

Decisions decisions... :pfff:

Beenerz

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
The HAF is probabaly your best bet for hardcore gameing because of its very good and (value for money) cooling, HAF even stands for High Air Flow. The haf does look better than the scout in my opinion if you dont change any lighting in the case, but if you add more led fans to the scout it can take some of the standerd dullness away. I speak for experience as i have a haf 922 and my cusin has a scout and the scout's sidepannel doesn't look anything like what you see on the internet. The scout will only look like that if you add more fans.