Overclocking q6600 go

hey guys finally got my new motherboard and gpu, so heres all my specs to help with oc project,

q6600 g0 @ 2.4

asus p5k-deluxe black pearl edition

coolermaster gx750 yes i know its only really a 550 watter running safely under 600 watts,

4 gigs of a-data vitesta 1066+ ddr2 ram

Thermal take red case fan 1500rpm, thermaltake red fan 1500rpm case fan, vantec 1500 rpm fan, and 2200 rpm cm sickeflow fan

ThermalTake Suprano Rs Black Case

Seagate 320 gig hard-drive

lg dvd-rw sata burner

Scythe Mugen 2 rev-b cooler with stock fan

Sapphire 4890 1 gig ddr5 vapor-x edition,

so ya looking to have some advice on overclocking, like to hit 3 gigahertz maybe , not a wild overclock wanted just something higher than 2.8 that wont overheat like the people who air cool q6600s at 3.4 and wonder why they heat,

anyways help wanted thanks in advance joseph

Solution
You have the components to overclock the CPU, so the next step is to read the stickied guide on how to overclock a Core 2 CPU.

Once you have read and understood the steps, you should come back and ask specific questions if you are unable to reach your goal.

Also, it can be perfectly safe to run a Q6600 at 3.4 GHz or above on air, I had mine at 3.6 GHz when it was used for gaming.

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
You have the components to overclock the CPU, so the next step is to read the stickied guide on how to overclock a Core 2 CPU.

Once you have read and understood the steps, you should come back and ask specific questions if you are unable to reach your goal.

Also, it can be perfectly safe to run a Q6600 at 3.4 GHz or above on air, I had mine at 3.6 GHz when it was used for gaming.

Solution
well i guess, ive herd people complain about it, and maybe some people dont overclock right, or they raise the vcore too high, and the high temps come with the augmented vcore settings, thanks for the info , ive done that already and waiting for my friend to oc this beast, i find that the i5 and i7 are expensive, so ya im sticking it out with my q6600