Sign in with
Your question

USB Problem files not show up but are there

Last response: in Storage
December 15, 2010 9:58:47 PM

I have this rare issue with my storage usb 4gb, I used it very frecuenly in Internet caffes, i do regular stuff download music, music, etc, one day i went there and i insert my USB flash drive to the computer and some of the files were not there and my first reaction that was a virus but no virus were found on it, and when i click on properties all the files were there but for some reason i could not access them, i had some movies and some ilegal software ( jajaja like cracks and stuff ) i finaly got tired and delete all :cry:  :fou:  but just in case what should i do when this happends ??? :o 

More about : usb problem files show

December 15, 2010 11:34:58 PM

The first thing that I would try is a scan disk.
December 17, 2010 8:23:25 AM

Checked the computer first for viruses then do this:

1. Run cmd - Navigate to Accessories>Command Prompt (Run this with Admin rights)
2. type attrib *.* X: -r -s -h /s /d (where X: is the drive, this is your flash drive letter)
3. you can invoke other commands by typing attrib /?
Related resources
November 26, 2012 12:31:28 AM

dEAne said:

1. Run cmd - Navigate to Accessories>Command Prompt (Run this with Admin rights)
2. type attrib *.* X: -r -s -h /s /d (where X: is the drive, this is your flash drive letter)

Thank you very much!!! It works!!!

I was able to recover 7 GB of backup files! God Bless you!
May 6, 2013 11:38:49 AM

dEAne said:

Thnx dear..
Great solution but the command written is in wrong pattern
it's actually is..
X:\>attrib -r -s -h /s /d *.*
enjoy!!

June 14, 2013 7:13:55 AM

dEAne said:

Thanks Brother... :)  It really works...
June 30, 2013 5:51:22 PM

how do I run cmd on an HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC
September 24, 2013 9:35:48 AM

dEAne said:

my drive name is G i followed your instructions but i get a response parameter format not correct. please help
September 24, 2013 12:38:36 PM

dEAne said:

moeex said:
dEAne said:

Thnx dear..
it's actually is..
enjoy!!

wannave said:
dEAne said:

my drive name is G i followed your instructions but i get a response parameter format not correct. please help

Did you try the SECOND set of instructions which corrected the syntax of the first recommended command (above)?

Yogi

October 21, 2013 2:14:27 AM

hello? try this step if your in windows 7, Xp follow this go to explorer>click organize>click folder and search>click view>click show hidden files then unchecked the hide protected operating system files>click apply and ok. the try to look at your flash drive...Asif (Good Luck +923004880682):-) [/quotemsg]
October 21, 2013 2:17:13 AM

Dear all frndz try this step if your in windows 7, Xp follow this go to explorer>click organize>click folder and search>click view>click show hidden files then unchecked the hide protected operating system files>click apply and ok. the try to look at your flash drive...Asif (+923004880682 Good Luck:-)
October 21, 2013 2:18:30 AM

Dear all frndz try this step if your in windows 7, Xp follow this go to explorer>click organize>click folder and search>click view>click show hidden files then unchecked the hide protected operating system files>click apply and ok. the try to look at your flash drive...Asif (+923004880682 Good Luck:-)
January 29, 2014 10:23:46 AM

attrib -h -r -s /s /d H:\*.*
Type the upper line in cmd, in order not to make any mistake copy the upper line.
Note that H should be replaced by the name of the driver of flash memory you want to recover.
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

February 10, 2014 4:22:09 PM

parham7 said:
Type the upper line in cmd, in order not to make any mistake copy the upper line.
Note that H should be replaced by the name of the driver of flash memory you want to recover.
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

Thank you so so so so so much!! :wahoo:  I tried them all but this is the only one that worked for me. It was urgent because I needed to print a pic for my class but then It got a virus. >.< Damn. It always gets a virus when I use it at school. :( 

March 7, 2014 10:51:06 PM

moeex said:
dEAne said:

Thnx dear..
it's actually is..
enjoy!!

Thanks Dude!
March 14, 2014 9:41:52 AM

parham7 said:
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

March 14, 2014 9:44:09 AM

parham7 said:
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

March 14, 2014 10:02:04 AM

LOTS OF THANKS! Worked really OK!
June 4, 2014 8:59:50 AM

asifmahmood_08 said:

thanku soo much dude your solution worked :) 
June 16, 2014 6:33:30 PM

moeex said:
dEAne said:

Thnx dear..
it's actually is..
enjoy!!

June 16, 2014 6:37:59 PM

I have a flash disk in drive F, when I type F:\>attrib -r -s -h /s /d *.* the files on my flash disk are shown. Thanks.
August 8, 2014 1:16:59 AM

dEAne said:

August 8, 2014 1:17:51 AM

attrib is not an operational command
September 5, 2014 12:23:47 AM

Do the following
1. Got to Run and open Cmd
2. Type this command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d H:\*.* ( P.s that the H: is the drive name, do change it your existing drive)
3. Press enter and it's done!
Hope it works, it worked for me =) Have a nice day! xD
September 8, 2014 11:08:02 AM

moeex said:
dEAne said:

Thnx dear..
it's actually is..
enjoy!!

THANK YOU, you saved me <3
September 15, 2014 4:12:44 AM

parham7 said:
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

THANK YOU
October 4, 2014 5:14:44 PM

I have the same problem but none of the above commands are working for me.
I have a stick drive 3.0 16Gb, operating on a Windows 8.
I tried both run and run as admin and nothing.
When I insert the drive it tells me to format it...
October 4, 2014 5:18:17 PM

tripmedia said:
I have the same problem but none of the above commands are working for me.
I have a stick drive 3.0 16Gb, operating on a Windows 8.
I tried both run and run as admin and nothing.
When I insert the drive it tells me to format it...

This is an old thread. Your best chance for a solution is to post your question in a new thread.
October 13, 2014 5:39:46 AM

adrialex said:
parham7 said:
it helped me a lot.
Enjoy

Thank u very much. other commands are not working but this one works. Thanks alot again.

!