Basic Online Backup

donpacific2k

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I have about 60GB-80GB of static data (mostly photos, some docs) that I'd like to back up online. I don't mind paying a monthly fee, but I want something no frills that I can use from multiple PCs. Any recommendations?

I don't mind installing a program, but I'd actually prefer to have something simple I could use cross platform. Don't need version control or anything like that, just a basic place to dump and retrieve files securely.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I'd recommend dropbox, except that I'm not sure if they actually encrypt the files while on their servers. I do know that they have up to 100 gig box sizes, secure transfer to their servers, and multi-platform capabilities, but I'm not sure whether the files are viewable by their employees. You can use the 2 gig version for free to see how you like it.

chokama

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
I like SOS Online Backup, they have a neat filesharing feature that allows you to send a link (pics or even videos)to any mobile device. Since it's a just a link it's doesn't take five minutes to open, just click and viola!