Rampage II Extreme vs P6T Deluve V2

Raxus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004
Hey folks,

I keep going back and forth on these 2 mobos for my build. Outsidce of the obvious price difference, what else should I consider? My build is mainly for gaming, hardcore gaming. Is there a performance boost going with the Rampage? BTW I will be overclocking, and it will be an air-cooled system. The ocing won't be anything extreme but I definately want some speed.

Thanks!

Rax

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Personally I'd go with the P6t Deluxe V2 instead of the Rampage. What are your exact needs though, are you intending to run a tri-sli setup? If not, the Rampage probably more motherboard then you need. The differences in the boards for most uses would be marginal, except the Rampage probably has better overclocking and overall system tweaking, but if you aren't going water cooling or extreme overclocking on air, then I'd recommend the P6T since you seem to be partial to Asus.

Raxus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004
Yeah I have very good luck with Asus. These 2 boards have always been in my mind for my build, just really keep seesawing back and forth on em.

I figure an OC of around 3.8 on the i7 920. Single gpu at first but will at least do a 2 card xfire down the road. Kinda kicking around a 2x 5870 with a gtx 9800 for physX card, but not sure atm.

Rax

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Nvidia bricked physX with ATI cards. It won't work unless you get that hacked firmware. There was an article on Tom's about it the other day. You shouldn't have a problem getting 3.8 on either board. I'd go for the P6T.