Mass Storage Controller

nisrock

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I am assuming that I am posting this in the right place, if I am not forgive me. I had to format my computer and after reinstall I went to update with windows. After applying all the windows updates, I got down to hardware updates left to do. When I installed hardware updates my computer blue screened on a mass storage update and I had to roll back to get the computer to stop blue screening. I checked my which drivers I need to install yet and it says Mass Storage Controller and an unknown device (which i think is printer). I have installed all known motherboard drivers and I am very lost as to what to do now or where to find drivers that wil work for this mass storage controller. Can anyone help me out here? I am very lost and not a computer hardware person.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3 AuthenticAMD ~3013 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS CROSSHAIR ACPI BIOS Revision 0604, 5/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

nisrock

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I found the right driver for this finally. For some odd reason windows update failed and after downloading the driver from asus it worked without issues. The unknown driver was from asus cool and quiet utility which seems odd in my opinion.