Intel+ATI= Trouble????

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Hello:

I have a mobo INTEL DP35DP/E8400 processor/ 4Gb DDR2 dual channel Kingston 800/8500GT Fatality/Seagate 250Gb SATA2, I wanted to upgrade mi video so I bought an ATI RADEON HD4670 and installed it.... unfortunately when I turned on the PC after the welcome screen the PC turned off by itself and that happended 2 times.... then I realizad that my power supply was short and replaced it......later I tried again but the result was the same. :??:

Then I called a friend to ask some advice, he brought his PC (with an ASUS mobo) and installed the ATI RADEON 4670 succesfully.

Please, help me find the problem I have with my motherboard and tha video card

Thanks ;)

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Thanks for answering!!
First I forgot to uninstall the nvidia driver of the 8500GT fatality.....but I used safe mode (F8) to uninstall it......and the problem was the same.
Afterwards I tried safe mode, but the same happened....the bios charged->Intel scrren-> windows screen -> welcome screen and after 8 seconds in the desktop the PC restarted itself... :(
My actual PSU characteristics are:
3.3v 22A
5v 16A
12v 15A
12V 16A
MAX power 480
And my old card (the 8500gt) runs perfect. I wonder if I need a new PSU to install the HD4670.
My OS is Win XP Professional SP3 32x
Finally, I can´t borrow my friends PSU right now!!!
Thanks in advance.

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
OK, but is it safe to do that?? :eek:
I have installed only the nvidia drivers and nvidia PhysX.
Can you recomend me a good driver cleaner...is it easy to use?
Do I have to reinstall my OS o just clean nvidia from my hard drive?
What happens if the problem persists after doing this??
Do anybody has a HD4670 running on an DP35DP?
And...... is my PSU ok, or I need a new one??? :D
Thanks!

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Just uninstalling the nvidia driver isnt enough. YOu have to completely uninstall anything nvidia/ntune/rivatuner manually, then download a driver cleaner and completely remove anything nvidia. Then reboot and re-install your ati drivers.

I followed the these steps:
Uninstalled Nvidia software
Turned off the PC
Installed the HD4670
Turned on the PC
Everything was going on....but again the same problem, the Pc restarted itself
There was a difference..... a blue screen appeared and said:
"The system found an error an Windows turned it off to avoid damage..... ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY.
The new software or hardware was not installed properly or the Windows needs an update...
Tecnical information: STOP: 0x000000FC" "Look for advise from your provider"

It is the first time that the devil blue screen appears...there is no problem with my 8500GT.
I read in the microsoft www that this problem happens with SP3, and has a lot of culprits, but I think that in my case is incompatible video adapter drivers...

I´d appreciate you comments.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
its definitely a driver related issue...i honestly dont think your power supply is the problem

the error message you get is a driver incompatability issue

uninstall every nvidia video driver device and uninstall your ati device and see if it even boots properly

if it does boot up properly without ne video drivers...then try the ATI drivers

hope this helps

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I have a CRAZY IDEA... :pt1cable: ... everybody knows that there is no problem between DDR3 video card and DDr2 system RAM.....but in my case, it seems that there is a driver conflict...and the problem appears only with the ATI DDR3 mem.....
My PC boots perfectly with the 8500GT (DDR2), without Nvidia drivers, but when using the HD4670 (DDR3) without drivers the error screen appears.... so..... could it be possible that there is a driver conflict between the DDR2 Vs DDr3 memory???????? :heink: or........it is just an ATI driver compatibility problem with Win XP SP3???

The ATI video card is ok, because it work awesome in my friends PC.

Now...... I need some advide to make a choice....

1. I don´t want to reinstall WINDOWS because I works perfect with my 8500GT fatality
2. I must change the HD4670 with the dealer, and I have to choose between:
*GEFORCE 9500GT OVERCLOCK EDITION 512 MB GDDR3 128 bit
CORE CLOCK 650 MEMORY CLOCK 1.6 GHz

*GEFORCE 8600GT 256 MB DDR3 128 bit
CORE CLOCK 600 MEMORY CLOCK 1.4GHz

*GEFORCE 9500GT OVER CLOCK EDITION 512 MB DDR2 128 bit
CORE CLOCK 650 MEMORY CLOCK 1.0 GHz

I have a Samsung 953BW 19" with DVI connection, and use the PC to play mid-high range games.
Please, tell me which is the best :D

Finally, with the 9500GT/8600GT could it be possible that I have the same problem I had with the ATI HD4670 DDR3???

THANKS

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I'm 99% sure it's not a conflict involving ATI DDR3... I'd really have to recommend you re-install windows... but if you must, replace it with a 9500GT with GDDR3. The HD4670 is considerably better, though.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Did you try what i suggested b4 getting a new card...plz do that first

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I agree with all of you about the ATI HD4670, it is far better than GeForce 9500GT (that´s the reason I bought it!!!).....but in this moment I´m very busy (work and studies) and can´t spend 2-3 hrs installing windows and all the bunch of software I need....

UberGenocide, I´d try with another ATI HD4670, but the dealer said I can only change the video card ONCE..... that´s why I don´t want to take that risk.... I will use the 9500GT a few months and then reinstall windows, update the BIOS and try the HD8630 with a new PSU....

There is something nobody has answered...........could I possibly have the blue error screen with the 9500GT DDR3???? :whistle:

Thanks to the community for the help.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

it has NOTHING to do with the GDDR3 memory...ppl are running 4890's and such with GDDR5 memory without a hitch

my solution will only take maybe 30 minutes...thats it and hopefully that will werk...u dont have to reinstall windows

rookie_02

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

I followed your advise....
Uninstalled all Nvidia software (I couldn´t install ATI drivers)
Turned off the PC
Installed the HD4670 (I just plugged it to me mobo, doesn´t have an accessory power supply)
Turned on the PC
Everything was going on....but again the same problem, the Pc restarted itself seconds after the message "new hardware detected" appeared....
And then..... a blue screen appeared for 1 second (I had to record it with my camera and then play it back in slow motion to read the blue screen message....)
"The system found an error an Windows turned it off to avoid damage..... ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NO EXECUTE MEMORY.
The new software or hardware was not installed properly or the Windows needs an update...
Technical information: STOP: 0x000000FC" "Look for advise from your provider"

But, without nvidia drivers, the 8500GT was working OK....actually I´m using the 8500GT

I pulled this from the Microsoft site.
The solouton seems to be either a full reinstall or repair install of Windows.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/374ed84a-5325-4fa9-a1be-59483959cc9c/

But read all the posts, there are other, less potentially destructive soloutions as well.
Wishing you luck.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

try what coozie7 suggests...maybe a chkdsk /r and chkdsk /p will help ???? how knows

VXBlade

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
It doesn't matter that you are booting with what you think is NO driver. The system is still trying to autoload the drivers it has referenced in the registry, INF files left on your pc and other locations that you never mention you ran a driver cleaner on...

Uninstall the Nvidia Drivers, run a DRIVER CLEANER then install the new card and get back to us.

VXBlade

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Its perfectly safe.
Do a Google Search for Driver Cleaner Pro or Nasty File Remover for Nvidia Specific Keys.
You can do it yourself too if you now what your looking for, but a driver cleaner is much faster and easier. All it does is scan the system for Nvidia Flagged Files in the name or descriptors and deletes them, then scans the registery for any keys referencing Nvidia and nvidia driver files and deletes them too. Then it also deletes any stray .inf files it finds as well.

As for Safe, its safe as long your not intending to continue using that nvidia card. Doing it from Safe mode will avoid possible file locks which is recommended.