Need some help

Twiz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Hi, I recently decided to build my own rig and I bought an antec 300 case and a corsair TX650W power supply to go with it, but then when decided to start putting all the components together the PSU would not fit into the brackets at the bottom of the antec, it just seems that the brackets are a little bit narrower than the PSU. Any tips on how I could make it fit, or is this case just too small for this PSU.

Another question is that the antec 300 seems to have come with the spacers pre-mounted, is this usual? There are other spacers in box that came with it, should I mount these onto the spacers already in the case?

Twiz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
The PSU is upside down with the fan facing up, but so far I've tried to align the PSU with brackets but it doesn't slide in like I've been told it would, every time I try to use force it just scratches the paint off the PSU.

Twiz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Sorry am new to this so forgive me if I sound like a nub

take a look at this picture

4isi.jpg
The red circles show where the "brackets" I've been speaking of are. The red line shows how i've been trying to slide the PSU in.

Thanks for the help btw.

Twiz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
But thats the thing, its not sliding in, I was thinking of using a pliers to bend those "brackets" would it be advisable?