Compaq Laptop suddenly has no post no beep and no display

sedfrey

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Compaq Laptop has no post no beep no display. everything is fine the fan HDD Cd Rom is working. Sometimes I let it work for about 30 mins then I turn it back on, its fine. But when i turned it off it wouldnt boot again.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I think you have the deadly Frog Curse

This is caused by asking for help from others without giving even a tiny bit of information that might assist you in getting an answer.

Although it's rare to be able to fix or diagnose a laptop from a forum, it's impossible without at least knowing what the model is.

Is the battery dead?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
sedfrey, it comes down to being very difficult to diagnose a problem with a laptop. The normal procedures we might suggest are useless because you can't disconnect various components and see if replacing this part or that one will work.

As said, see if it will work without the battery installed at all. If it does work and shows the same problems as usual, then it is eliminated as a possible problem. The laptop could be running mainly off the charged battery and when it runs low, it shuts off. The battery meter should aid you in discovering this.

The PSU in the case of a laptop is external - basically the AC adaptor. It may indeed be malfuntioning. You can test this with a multimeter, see if it's putting out the same voltage when the laptop runs properly as when it dies.

bean1028

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

Did you figure the problem out/get it fixed? Check us (me) out at www.reliabletechnologyservices.com. There is e-mail info on there also, I can assist you in your LCD problem also, if you still need assistance (free help on that).

Evanjoo2013

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013

This popular post will give you a clear answer. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Convert-a-Laptop-LCD-into-an-External-Monit/ . Hope it will give you some idea. Good luck to you.