I recently purchased an Intel E6300 from Newegg, but when I put it in my motherboard, I got nothing. No booting, not even the two little beeps when you dont have a mouse&keyboard plugged in. Its the same socket size, and the only difference i can see from my old cpu is a 20nm difference. The old one is 65, (along with video card), the new one is 45. Is this the source of my issues?
I did a quick search for your motherboard and it appears that you have either a compaq or HP so I went to HP's website to find specifications on the motherboard. The link below is the specifications for that motherboard. Unfortunately the newer 45nm offerings aren't supported by the motherboard according to this page your options are.
* Core 2 Duo E6x00 (Conroe core) up to E6700
* Core 2 Duo E4x00 (Conroe core) up to E4400
* Pentium E2000 series (Conroe core, 1 MB cache) up to E2160
* Pentium 4 6x1 series (Cedar Mill core) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
* Celeron (Conroe core) up to 440
* Celeron D 3xx series (Cedar Mill core) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)