May 22, 2009
:hello:

Notebook: Vaio VGN-FW390

Mother Board Chipset: Mobil Intel (R) 45 Express Chipset Series

CPU & Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz

System Memory: 4GB

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 512vRam

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP1 with all updates.

Product: AVerTV Hybrid Ultra USB M039U

Problem/Symptom: Application Crash

Hello, I have not been able to run the application that came with the cd rom with the driver version that came in the cd rom or the updated driver version 1.3.64.79. Also tried it with the driver version 1.3.0.72 and 1.3.64.67,but still no solution.

I tried the updated applications for download online that are as follows: AVer MediaCenter 1.5.1 and AVerTV 6.0.7 with the updated drivers: Version 1.3.0.72 for windows vista 64 Bit and Version 1.3.64.67 for windows vista 64 Bit, and I had no success on running the application. With these driver Versions 1.3.64.67 and 1.3.0.72 the applications do not detect the hardware. And with the driver Version 1.3.64.79 the application detect the hardware but do not run. Everytime I try to run it, the application crashes.

When I say the application detects the hardware is because I look at the icon on the bottom right of the taskbar. The AVerQuick icon is gray when the hardware is disconnected or not detected and it turns yellow when the hardware is connected and detected by the application.

I ran Windows Media Center with the driver version: 1.3.64.79 and it works. The problem is that I am limited to windows Media Center features and I cannot use the remote, the Video ins and other features.

I installed it on a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit SP1 with all updates and it worked with the Cd Rom included in the product with no problems at all.

I already tried technical support of the manufacturer and Sony.

Is there any solution? :??:

Borna

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Well i have stumbled on same problem and solution was easy.
Go tofodler where program is instaled e.a. c:\, and find avertv.exe, right click it, go on propertis, and compatability tab, choose "run program in comp... mode" and windows xp (sp2).

It worked for me. I'm using Vista eternity x64!

Hope it works for you!

Borna

xpod

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

I have exactly the same FW390 with AverTV USB tuner with exactly the same problem. I tried setting compatibility to XP SP2 but it still crashes.

Anyone having a solution? or alternative software?