Most comfortable keyboard

TheRekz

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I would like to purchase a keyboard + mice combo which is comfortable for me, can anyone suggest me any type? I am considering logitech and microsoft, but unsure which type to get.. my budget is $200 max.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Personally, i don't like curved keyboards, just my oppinion, makes typing very awkward. And also, logitech would be better for a keyboard and mouse.

I'm a touch typist, and am very much in love with my Microsoft split keyboards - they are very comfortable and I like the feel/feedback they put on the keys themselves. Much more comfortable for me than the inline KBs, since I can have my arms and wrists straight while typing.

I bought myself this one for work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109028

and use this one at home: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109160

I use the Wired versions, since they're cheaper and never need their batteries changed.

But if you aren't a touch typist, then you may want to think twice since (vistually) they will take more time to get used to.

I'm another person who likes the Microsoft "natural" keyboards quite a lot. They take a few hours to get use to, but once your fingers have learned their way the keyboard is very comfortable.

I had some issues with neck pain and so spent a fair time trying out different keyboard/mouse combinations and positions. What I've found that works for me is to build a little keyboard shelf that raises the keyboard up about 3-4 inches above the desk, and then to put the mouse directly underneath the keyboard. I found that my neck pain was being cause by having to reach too far to the side to work the mouse. (This was after a couple of decades of heavy mouse use...) Keeping the mouse in front of me instead of beside me has solve my problems.

I also found an extremely comfortable mouse: the Evoluent Vertical Mouse. I can't really credit it with actually preventing any of MY health issues, but I find that it just fits the hand really well and is a breeze to use.

I love my Logitech G11, but it is a BIG keyboard. Still, it has a particular feature I have yet to find elsewhere: a switch to turn off the Windows key. Yes, I know there's a Registry tweak, but it is only while playing games that I don't want it.