Sign in with
Your question

How do i find my motherboards monel number?????

Last response: in Motherboards
October 20, 2009 4:29:21 AM

i need to replace my motherboard, but searches lead me to 1/2 a dozon boards, cpuz doesnt show much and i took a pic of my bios http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=16287..., can someone let me know how to find it? i dont want to replace with the wrong board
a c 300 V Motherboard
October 24, 2009 7:35:44 PM

Whe you turn on your PC, press F8, or del....or try with F1 till F12...some one of this option show you the windows of the picture.
m
l
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 24, 2009 9:17:22 PM

Cpuid will also id your board. It's a free download.
m
l
October 25, 2009 4:59:24 AM

i have cpuz, looked at it, doesnt give anything but "Quanta 30A0" and there are tons of differant "models" it is a very common motherboard, i need a detailed model for example "412237-001" cpuz doesnt show that, thats why im here
m
l
October 25, 2009 5:01:54 AM

saint19 said:
Whe you turn on your PC, press F8, or del....or try with F1 till F12...some one of this option show you the windows of the picture.

bios is what im assuming your talking about, and bios shows the same as cpuz, there is a detailed model number but i dont want to tear my notebook apart to find it, laptop still works and im using it now, it is my only pc, i need to swap cause sound out of speakers doesnt work MOST of the time
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 6:12:14 AM

If you have a notebook pc, it's going to be tough to justify the cost of a replacement board. You'll be lucky to find it used for $100; many go for over $200.
m
l
October 25, 2009 6:14:49 AM

well i found many on ebay between 60-100, but lets stay on topic, cause that doesnt help
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 25, 2009 2:36:45 PM

If you have your original system number, try hp's online tech support, which is usually free. I got online with a tech for almost 20 minutes recently to discuss ordering an hp backplate for a board I was trying to purchase. The tech was able to take me to the correct page for ordering the part with pricing, etc. I gave her top ratings when they emailed a questionaire about her service. She went out of her way to find an answer at no charge. I had another hp system, but was interested in a board sold at computer geeks. Even though I didn't purchase the board, I was pleased with hp's service.
m
l
October 25, 2009 7:30:02 PM

use headphones?
also good luck replacing the motherboard on a notebook if you havent before..

its pretty intense.
m
l
October 26, 2009 2:17:33 AM

headphone work fine, but i want my speakers to work, i dont need luck, ive doe it before, and again can we stay on topic
m
l
October 26, 2009 2:18:54 AM

o1die said:
If you have your original system number, try hp's online tech support, which is usually free. I got online with a tech for almost 20 minutes recently to discuss ordering an hp backplate for a board I was trying to purchase. The tech was able to take me to the correct page for ordering the part with pricing, etc. I gave her top ratings when they emailed a questionaire about her service. She went out of her way to find an answer at no charge. I had another hp system, but was interested in a board sold at computer geeks. Even though I didn't purchase the board, I was pleased with hp's service.

thats 1 thing i can try
m
l
November 4, 2009 11:30:04 PM

any other ideas incase that doesnt work?
m
l
!