Sign in with
Your question

Hard Disk

Last response: in Storage
December 17, 2010 3:01:07 AM

Is there somebody here from WD, Seagate or Fujitsu, Samsung and the like who can answer my question? I asked because my hard drive's seal was broken and it doesn't run anymore.

More about : hard disk

a b Ô Samsung
a c 113 G Storage
December 17, 2010 3:04:00 PM

Contact the vendor of your particular drive for help, you can't just pick a vendor and ask, they only will support their product. If the warranty seal has been removed, you probably won't get any help with replacing the drive though. How does the drive not work? Does it spin butthe BIOS and/or Windows can't see it? Making noises?
m
l
December 19, 2010 11:30:04 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Contact the vendor of your particular drive for help, you can't just pick a vendor and ask, they only will support their product. If the warranty seal has been removed, you probably won't get any help with replacing the drive though. How does the drive not work? Does it spin butthe BIOS and/or Windows can't see it? Making noises?

Not the warranty seal but the "Vaccum Seal", the one at the top and the side of Seagate 7200 HDD, a round foil like seal.

m
l
Related resources
a b Ô Samsung
a c 113 G Storage
December 20, 2010 12:31:13 PM

That hole is needed to equalize pressure in the drive, if that was plugged or damaged I don't know if there is a way to fix it without sending it out for repair.
m
l
December 21, 2010 1:29:10 AM

Ok Thanks, for the advise. I will just buy a new set of drive.
m
l
!