Dish Network DVR 522 Receiver USP Port

There is a USB port on the back of the Dish Network DVR 522 receiver. The
manual says it is for future use, does anyone know if it can be used and
what for? I am hoping it can be used to transfer recorded programs to my PC
to burn DVD's. I guess I could ask Dish Network, but I doubt I would get a
straight answer.
2 answers Last reply
More about dish network receiver port
  1. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    Try doing search of usb at these forums;

    http://www.dbstalk.com

    http://www.satelliteguys.us

    "Bill Dobbs" <bill_dobbs2000@REMOVE_THISyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > There is a USB port on the back of the Dish Network DVR 522 receiver. The
    > manual says it is for future use, does anyone know if it can be used and
    > what for? I am hoping it can be used to transfer recorded programs to my
    PC
    > to burn DVD's. I guess I could ask Dish Network, but I doubt I would get
    > straight answer.

  2. no dishnetwork told me its not for use right now

Satellite TV DVR Home Theatre