Asrock P43ME Questions

dbk47

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
hi there i saw Asrock P43ME does have Intel G43 chipsets but on motherboard's Graphic specification it says "N/A" i can't even find a VGA drivers on that motherboard on asrock site is this mean i can't even fully beneficial the Intel G43 chipset?

Solution

You're welcome. The G45 is very good and an excellent choice as onboard graphics go and Intel is your choice.

dbk47

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
thanks for fast feedback yes just as i though it doesn't have Integrated card so probably still useless without video card? maybe i should move into Asus P5KPL-AM

If you like the Asrock board, a low cost PCIe graphics card would work fine with it.

EDIT: Actually integrated graphics is not a 'card', it's a chip on the MB that shares the system memory as graphics memory to produce graphics. Many integrated solutions are weak for any kind of gaming or graphics intensive apps.

Any Intel G45 MB has an integrated graphics chips that is a fairly good graphics solution for normal applications. The Intel G35 halso has integrated graphics. but that solution is very weak. Intel chipsets designated with a 'G' have onboard graphics chips.

dbk47

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
so on your opinion which motherboard is good P43ME or P5KPL-AM? i seen lots of people using P5KPL-AM with High End Graphic Cards on it such as GTX200 series and HD5000 series but as for P43ME its just a low profile it has good PCIE 2.0,supports 8GB RAM

I wouldn't recommend the G31. If you want good onboard graphics on an Intel 775, look to the G45 chipset. I have an ASUS G35 with onboard graphics and the graphics solution is very weak. A big step up to the G45 with that onboard solution. I'm not certain exactly what you are looking for really. Onboard solution?

That 500w is enough wattage as well as the 30amp 12v specification. There are some incredibally cheaply made 500w PSUs though. A quality built 500w unit would work with those cards fine.

dbk47

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
okay i'll take your advice well done with good support..i'll update my situation when i totally upgrade my junk computer for previews on this forums..thanks..that well be all for now

You're welcome. The G45 is very good and an excellent choice as onboard graphics go and Intel is your choice.

Solution