ATI Catalyst 9.5 Driver: Performance Express-Test

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I had issues with win 7 rc. Haven't fixed it yet, will probably drop back to 9.3. XP sp3 x32, no issues so far, but haven't run my usual test suite yet. Vista ultimate x64, so far no issues. Still a few tests to run. As to performance, meh.... 9.3 was a great release. No release since then has shown me much.

Hi Maziar,
I have a bit of an issue with this statement,
"We didn’t detect any serious performance drops on transition from Catalyst 9.4 to Catalyst 9.5. The only exception is a 4% drop Radeon HD 4770 showed in BattleForge game in 1280x1024 resolution."
I realise its taken from a review and it isnt you posting it, however for everyones information the 9.4 didnt even support the 4770 so how they can test a differance is beyond me. Untill these 9.5 drivers were released the drivers on the disc that came with the card were the only drivers worked.
There were some W7 drivers that were rushed out but i wouldnt think they tested on W7 did they ?

Mactronix

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Just didn't install properly on my set-up. I'll now have to do a manual uninstall, I suppose. Had similar issues with 9.4 on both Vista x64 and win7 beta, never tried 9.4 again on win7 RC.

Sorry mac, i didnt get what you are saying.
That statement is from xbitlabs site and they tested with
VISTA ULTIMATE 64 SP1,also Cat 9.5 supprts HD 4770 doesnt it.

Some of the reviewers were left with what was on the disc and some were given a "Press release driver" It was these drivers that lead me to beleive there would be performance gains for the 4770 with the release of the 9.5 drivers. This was based on the test performance of the card vs what i expected from the reviews and my own knowlegde of my system. Unfortunatly it hasnt happened that way :(

Mactronix

Not sure, but they had to test with something. Since i do not have a 4770, i can not see if that works.

Does list

* ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series <-maybe it would work
* ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
* ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series

Yeah Maziar, long time indeed. I am not on here as much anymore.