Motherboard without RAID

G

Looking for a motherboard without RAID. Proprietary software does not work with RAID. Disabling in BIOS has not fixed my issues. Our IT departments says we're not allowed to used a CPU with RAID capabilities or any other mirrored drive. Any suggestions or ideas?

Computer geeks has an old dual cpu xeon 604 board for only $14.99 that doesn't list raid. If you get one, might as well get a spare while you can. It's not the fastest solution, but should provide adequate performance in a business environment. And superbiz (also known as ewiz) carries the 2.4 xeon 604 for only $57 (bare cpu).

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
If you have raid disabled then there shouldn't be any problem, is it more likely that the proprietary software is chipset specific ? You need more information from the IT department, I don't know of any CPU's that are limited by the existance or lack of raid. From the statement by IT they are just identifying the fact that the software won't install on a system with active raid functioning. Some proprietary software can be written to require a specific hardware component ie. a particular video logic chip or network controller chip. This is done to prevent unauthorized use of the software and or hardware purchased from someone other than them $$$$. Go back to the IT department and see if someone has a more intelligible answer before you waste any money.

G

I will try that as well. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS