Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best AMD AM3 DDR3 Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
October 20, 2009 5:50:35 PM

Hey everybody,
I need a cheap motherboard for a gaming build that I will be doing soon. I have decided to use the AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition Processor and 4gb of G. Skill DDR3 1333. The motherboard must be less than $120, and it would be nice if there was a combo with either my processor or memory. Also, can anybody suggest a good graphics card (ATI or Nvidia) that would be able to play new games for a while.

Thanks!

Best solution

January 3, 2010 1:24:34 AM

I've just built my son a new system with almost the same components as yourself. I used an Althon II x4 630 (which has a very similar architecture as the Phenom but is a little cheaper).

I used a ASUS M4A77TD PRO 770 ($95 at Amazon.com) & a XFX Radeon HD 5750 ($140 at Amazon.com). We got a Samsung Spinpoint F1 1Tb HDD and used Windows 7 Professional as the OS.

The build went very easily with this motherboard, only the SATA / IDE slots slightly fouling each other.

We just benchmarked the system at the PassMark Software site, and it flies for the price, the DDR3 especially outstanding. Games like Crysis and Far Cry 2 play at maximum quality settings and large screen size at 40fps+.

My son is very impressed by the results, especially considering the price (he paid!!).

Steve H
:hello: 
January 7, 2010 1:47:14 PM

Hmm, That going take time as really going have to shop around. Try checking with Circuit City, CompUSA, Ebay, Neweggs, Tigerdirect, Pricewatch site. Depend of time of you can wait or can't wait. Also you may want to checkup of with latest Window and or upgrade. So you won't have to be going in headaches like I did. I had to ended up going with new $79 785GM-E51 MSI M/B to replaces new $68 A780GM-A V.1.1 ECS M/B as really disappointed and it being pain in the rear. So far I liked about MSI got better BIOS setup, giving details. Got Phenom II x4 CPU, core setup now as being latest and upgrade.
m
l
February 10, 2010 6:25:46 PM

Best answer selected by llarson2012.
m
l
!