emyyhh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new case, and will be fitting a complete watercooling loop in it. I have been looking around for watercooling cases and cant find many that fit the bill. I am looking for a large case that has the capacity to contain all the various components of a watercooling system, ie, pump, reservoir, and a couple of rads. I also want the case to have a clear side panel. So far the only case that fits the bill is the Silverstone temjin TJ07-WB, but at >£250 it seems very expensive for what is it.

I am not a huge fan of the various thermaltake creations, but anything else i'm game to check out. One thing that really get me on the temjin is that fact that the pump and reservior can be hidden in the lower section of the case - are there any other cases out with this feature? The pc-x2000 by LianLi is also very nice (and expensive) but does not have a clear side, although one could be modded in i take it?

Thanks for any suggestions

emyyhh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Thanks Shadow, I don't actually own the watercooling kit or case yet, I have about £500 to spend in total. I was looking at a Liang DDC Ultra with a XSPC reservoir, Blackice GT Xtreme triple rad and a Swiftech Apogee GTZ waterblock. Whatever's left can be spent on a case (~£250). I would rather not mount the rads externally as i think it looks messy, hence my desire for the temjin. I would be willing to mod, although I don't have much experience with it. The Lianli PC-X2000 would be awesome with a clear side and only the water-tubes visable, but I have no idea how to do that.

Eventually, cash permitting, i'd like to have another rad (dual or triple) and a dual loop for a GPU. But thats a while off.

System specs.

i7 920
Asus rampage 2 extreme
6Gb Corsair XMS ram
500gb Spinpoint f1
GTX 275
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

emyyhh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008

That sure looks like it fits the bill. I read a quick review however and despite the fact that the reviewers really like it, they do have a few niggles. For only £25 less than a temjin, i think it would be a tough call.

Grosjambon

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
u can build ur own plexiglass pannel dude. GO at a home depot go buy a plexiglsas panel ( to your case size ) its cost around 15-25 dollars. I live in canada and i bought one for 13dollars ( it was ithink 21inche by 22 inche ) i cuted it to 17inche by 17inche to fit in my case and u need to cut 4 hole in ur case and plexiglass and put 4screw into it or u can cut ur original alluminium panel and put it on the plexiglass and mod it if u dont want to do 4hole in ur case. after that u can put a lot of fan on the plexiglass pannel by doing a big circle hole (depends on what fan u use) 80 mm 120 240 etc... and ithink u can cut the plexiglass at the homedepot or if u want u can cut it at home if u have the material to cut plexiglass.

Sry for my bad english ( i am french canadian ) u can email me for more info :0