Sign in with
Your question

Heatsink and fan to fit this motherboard/case/CPU

Last response: in Systems
May 2, 2009 1:40:56 AM

Got a ASROCK P45R2000 WiFi mobo, Antec Three Hundred Case, and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200. The stock heatsink is a piece of *** quite frankly, the pins on mine are faulty. I need a good heatsink and fan that's pretty easy to install and not huge, and hopefully not too expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Related resources
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2009 3:45:24 AM

With the bolt through kit it will be RIGHT and secure. It's a no-error install, but it requires MB removal to place the backplate.... unless you happen to have a case with a hole behind the CPU, such as the Cooler Master HAF.
May 2, 2009 3:49:48 AM

Proximon said:
With the bolt through kit it will be RIGHT and secure. It's a no-error install, but it requires MB removal to place the backplate.... unless you happen to have a case with a hole behind the CPU, such as the Cooler Master HAF.

hmm, sounds like a bitch. removing the motherboard would be pretty annoying.. any other options you can think of that would not require motherboard removal? haha i'm lazy.
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2009 3:56:09 AM

Any option that does not involve a bolt-through will have push-pins. Those are your two options.
May 2, 2009 3:58:50 AM

Well, forget push-pins. I'll just have to bite the bullet. Thanks for the suggestion, that's probably what I'll go with.
!