window?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 17, 2005 10:21:44 PM

Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?

Thanks!

Sb

More about : window

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 10:35:48 PM

sb wrote:

> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sb

(I was thinking, wooden frame, metal frame... multi paned, stained? What
kind of window?)

Um, not that I know of, but you can alt-tab out...

-georg
April 17, 2005 10:42:17 PM

> sb wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sb
>
> (I was thinking, wooden frame, metal frame... multi paned, stained? What
> kind of window?)
>
> Um, not that I know of, but you can alt-tab out...
>
> -georg

Yeah was just hoping to run it in a window so I dont have to use full screen
as right now the only chance I get to play is when i'm not online due to
work and other commitments.

Oh well maybe some day

Sb
April 17, 2005 10:42:18 PM

Yes there is :)
You lose the side scrolling tho.

Right click the shortcut used to run The Sims 2 and select properties,
add -w after the "Target"

"sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 3uam8$eir$1@sparta.btinternet.com...

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > sb wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Sb
> >
> > (I was thinking, wooden frame, metal frame... multi paned, stained? What
> > kind of window?)
> >
> > Um, not that I know of, but you can alt-tab out...
> >
> > -georg
>
> Yeah was just hoping to run it in a window so I dont have to use full
screen
> as right now the only chance I get to play is when i'm not online due to
> work and other commitments.
>
> Oh well maybe some day
>
> Sb

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:13:43 PM

"sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
$q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:

> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?

Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
quoted part in target. Should look like this:

"C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

--
Mike
I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more

not /w but -w

"Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>
> > Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
> >
> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w
>
> --
> Mike
> I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more
> likely he is to have extreme prejudice.
> - Clint Eastwood

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:19:13 PM

Mike Andrade wrote:

> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>

>>Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>

> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Thanks, Mike!

-georg
April 17, 2005 11:28:34 PM

#
> Mike Andrade wrote:
>
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>

>>>Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>>

>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Wow! Thanks so much!

Sb
April 17, 2005 11:41:39 PM

> not /w but -w
>
> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>
>> > Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>> >
>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can move
around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead of just
moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this something
I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only problem i have
with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it isnt very quick I
find?

Thanks!

Sb
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:41:40 PM

"sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 3ue5j$j48$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
>> not /w but -w
>>
>> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
>>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:

>>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>>
>>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w
>
> I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can
> move around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead
> of just moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this
> something I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only
> problem i have with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it
> isnt very quick I find?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sb

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
It is much faster and you have better control than using the mouse anyway.
April 18, 2005 12:01:35 AM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 3ue5j$j48$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
>>> not /w but -w
>>>
>>> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message

>> I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can
>> move around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead
>> of just moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this
>> something I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only
>> problem i have with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it
>> isnt very quick I find?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sb
>>

> Use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
> It is much faster and you have better control than using the mouse anyway.

Great! Thanks!

Sb
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:49:12 AM

"Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:D 3u9fo
> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>
>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Ooooo! 8^O

> --
> Mike

If this kills my game........

Granny.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:55:02 AM

sb wrote:
> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?

Sure. Place your computer monitor in front of a window. Turn on the
Sims game. Voila!

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>> news:D 3u9fo $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>
>>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>>
>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after
>> the quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w
>
> Ooooo! 8^O
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>
> If this kills my game........

I got it from MTS2 and tested it. Didn't like it. For those that
do, if you have any problems, just change the shortcut back.

--
Mike
The Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in

> not /w but -w

The /w came from MTS2 and it works.

--
Mike
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.

Yeah it does apparently, but the -w works too :)

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in
>
> > not /w but -w
> >
> The /w came from MTS2 and it works.
>
> --
> Mike
> I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
> - Theresa of Avila

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:28:09 AM

> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

>> If this kills my game........
>>
> I got it from MTS2 and tested it. Didn't like it. For those that
> do, if you have any problems, just change the shortcut back.

Same here. If one could resize the window it might be better, but....
I can't do without the edge scrolling and I don;t use the keyboard unless
bullied.

GG.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 11:20:54 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:13:43 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid> wrote:

>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
>Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
>"C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Isn't it -w ? Not sure if slash will work, but dash certainly will. I
HAD to run the game in a window until a few weeks before University
came out, and I reinstalled Windows.
!