sb wrote:

> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sb

(I was thinking, wooden frame, metal frame... multi paned, stained? What
kind of window?)

Um, not that I know of, but you can alt-tab out...

-georg

sb

> sb wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sb
>
> (I was thinking, wooden frame, metal frame... multi paned, stained? What
> kind of window?)
>
> Um, not that I know of, but you can alt-tab out...
>
> -georg

Yeah was just hoping to run it in a window so I dont have to use full screen
as right now the only chance I get to play is when i'm not online due to
work and other commitments.

Oh well maybe some day

Sb

Yes there is :)
You lose the side scrolling tho.

Right click the shortcut used to run The Sims 2 and select properties,
add -w after the "Target"

"sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
$q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:

> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?

Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
quoted part in target. Should look like this:

"C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

--
Mike
I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more

not /w but -w

Mike Andrade wrote:

> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>

>>Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>

> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Thanks, Mike!

-georg

sb

#
> Mike Andrade wrote:
>
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>

>>>Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>>

>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Wow! Thanks so much!

Sb

sb

> not /w but -w
>
> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>
>> > Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>> >
>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can move
around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead of just
moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this something
I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only problem i have
with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it isnt very quick I
find?

Thanks!

Sb

>> not /w but -w
>>
>> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
>>> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:

>>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>>> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>>
>>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w
>
> I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can
> move around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead
> of just moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this
> something I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only
> problem i have with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it
> isnt very quick I find?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sb

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
It is much faster and you have better control than using the mouse anyway.

sb

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
>>> not /w but -w
>>>
>>> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message

>> I got mine to work with / w but for some reason now the only way I can
>> move around is to mouse click so the little blue circle shows up instead
>> of just moving my mouse and letting it slide if that makes sense? Is this
>> something I just have to put up with or can it be changed somehow? Only
>> problem i have with the mouse clicking so the blue circle appears is it
>> isnt very quick I find?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sb
>>

> Use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
> It is much faster and you have better control than using the mouse anyway.

Great! Thanks!

Sb

"Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:d3u9fo
> $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>
>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
> quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Ooooo! 8^O

> --
> Mike

If this kills my game........

Granny.

sb wrote:
> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?

Sure. Place your computer monitor in front of a window. Turn on the
Sims game. Voila!

--
--Cuth

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "sb" <sarahbethanderson@(dontspamme)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>> news:d3u9fo $q45$1@titan.btinternet.com:
>>
>>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>>
>> Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after
>> the quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>>
>> "C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w
>
> Ooooo! 8^O
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>
> If this kills my game........

I got it from MTS2 and tested it. Didn't like it. For those that
do, if you have any problems, just change the shortcut back.

--
Mike
The Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in

> not /w but -w

The /w came from MTS2 and it works.

--
Mike
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.

Yeah it does apparently, but the -w works too :)

> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

>> If this kills my game........
>>
> I got it from MTS2 and tested it. Didn't like it. For those that
> do, if you have any problems, just change the shortcut back.

Same here. If one could resize the window it might be better, but....
I can't do without the edge scrolling and I don;t use the keyboard unless
bullied.

GG.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:13:43 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid> wrote:

>> Is there a way to make sims2 run in a window?
>>
>Right click your shortcut, choose properties and put a /w after the
>quoted part in target. Should look like this:
>
>"C:/Programs/EAgames/The Sims 2/TSbin/Sims2.exe" /w

Isn't it -w ? Not sure if slash will work, but dash certainly will. I
HAD to run the game in a window until a few weeks before University
came out, and I reinstalled Windows.