hubis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
what would the best choice together with geforce 8800gt g92 and 4x 1gb of Corsair XMS 6400?

Abit IP35 Pro started to make BSOD every while and then

edit: I ve tried 32 and 64 bits of XP, Vista nd 7, and actally 7 works best giving me a couple of hours playing time before graphics errors (weird looking picture, sudden huge lags) but when BSOD occures its nv4..something.dll which couses it. I ve tried another working Nvidia 8800GT and problem persists. I ve just throw in ATI 4850 but computer doesn't even boot or go even to POST screen nor BIOS. Must be motherboard?

4 sticks of memory is always a little risky for stability. I would test each one with memtest before changing the motherboard. I've had bad memory or ram slots that created a "no post" situation, wasting alot of time sending in boards for rma's. And you should also list your power supply.

hubis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks o1die.

Now I ve tested all 4 mem sticks separately and as dual channel, MemTest 3.5 shows no errors at all.

Power supply is Zalman 600W ZM600-HP.

Now I thought to install whole system on a wooden table since this case is really cheap model, could it be that some short circuit causes BSOD from time to time?

In other hand, its some games that have graphic glitches and causes BSOD and freezes... I don't know anymore really :p
Is there any motherboard testing software which stress mobo? Could be something wrong on mobo's PCI-E16x port or controller?