Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Normal Temperature??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 5, 2009 8:06:44 PM

Hello guys, right now I'm running a Core i7 at stock speed with factory fan, and long story short I live in the middle of the desert and the temp here is about 28-30 ºC in my room (outside is like raininng fire), the question is how much above that temp could be considered as a normal operation temperature?? Right now I have almost 50ºC at iddle, is that ok?? or should I consider an after-market CPU fan and/or improve my case (Cosmos 1000) fans??

More about : normal temperature

a b à CPUs
August 5, 2009 9:18:39 PM

get an aftermarket for sure, something with hdt like the sunbeam ccf
m
0
l
August 5, 2009 9:37:04 PM

If you're not planning on overclocking, then you don't need an aftermarket cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 5, 2009 10:02:05 PM

orangegator said:
If you're not planning on overclocking, then you don't need an aftermarket cooler.


50* idle, r u mad?
m
0
l
August 5, 2009 10:22:29 PM

xaira said:
50* idle, r u mad?


If you had a clue, you'd know a) that i7 cpus run hot and b) as long as it's under 80C load, the i7 will be fine. Idle temp isn't that important.
m
0
l
August 5, 2009 10:52:38 PM

I just run prime95... 90ºC at load, I think I need that aftermarket cooler AND better case fans hehehe, I was planning (for the case) to exchange the four coolermaster stock fans for 4 TT Silent CAT 120mm, they are rated 62.2 CFM and only 16dB, dou you think that's enough for a case as big as a Cosmos1000??
m
0
l
August 5, 2009 11:25:51 PM

you can put any fan you like but if the ambient temp is hot the fan is only going to blow hot air faster!
watercool or try lowering the ambient temp in the room (ie.. airconditioner)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 5, 2009 11:44:38 PM

yeh but intel stock coolers tend to keep cpu 20-30* above ambient where the best air coolers can do 10* above ambient if you plan to go water cooling tho, get the domino alc if u plan an assembled purchace
m
0
l
August 6, 2009 12:16:19 AM

@OP: You should first try reseating your cpu cooler. Also try running with the side panel off the case. If having the side panel off helps, then better case fans will lower temps. If not, then a better cpu cooler will help, some. But as was pointed out, blowing hot ambient room air over any heatsink will decrease its cooling ability. Ideally you'd keep it in a cooler room.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted text.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 6, 2009 12:32:57 AM

who can tell me what average means? get back to me on that will u!!!
m
0
l
August 6, 2009 2:40:12 AM

Hey guys, another question, which software do you use to monitor your CPU temp?? I'm using speedfan 4.38, and I just note that there are 2 diferent temps, the CPU temp and the individual core temp, the CPU temp is about 5-8 ºC lower than the average of the individual cores, so the question is which one is the one I should keep an eye the most??
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 6, 2009 3:13:39 AM

winterblade said:
Hello guys, right now I'm running a Core i7 at stock speed with factory fan, and long story short I live in the middle of the desert and the temp here is about 28-30 ºC in my room (outside is like raininng fire), the question is how much above that temp could be considered as a normal operation temperature?? Right now I have almost 50ºC at iddle, is that ok?? or should I consider an after-market CPU fan and/or improve my case (Cosmos 1000) fans??


50C at 30C ambient is fairly average for a Core i7 with stock cooler. You don't need a cooler upgrade, but if you want one the Cogage True Spirit is significantly better than stock, inexpensive, and quiet.
Share
a b à CPUs
August 14, 2009 12:45:05 AM

winterblade said:
Hey guys, another question, which software do you use to monitor your CPU temp?? I'm using speedfan 4.38, and I just note that there are 2 diferent temps, the CPU temp and the individual core temp, the CPU temp is about 5-8 ºC lower than the average of the individual cores, so the question is which one is the one I should keep an eye the most??


I use Real Temp, just keep an eye on all four cores :) 
m
0
l
!