Cannot Turn-off computer

June 7, 2004 12:14:53 AM

I'm running XP-Home edition.

I cannot turn off the computer.

When I attempt to turn it off, I get a pop-up program
running --- rundll32. After I "end program: the computer
will not be able to by turned-off via the start button.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

More about : turn computer

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 1:04:53 AM

Look at ALL of these:

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/rundll32.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive
software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;827315#appliesto

Spyware and Deceptive Software