Installing Windows XP to Upgrade to Windows 7

cbk12

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Good afternoon to everyone.

So, long story short (TL;DR):
I just finished building my new rig last week (i7 2500k, HD 6870, 8gb RAM, WD Caviar blue 1tb CDDVDRW Drive, etc..) and I am having a lot of troubles to install XP so I may upgrade to 7.

Why install XP and upgrade to 7? I am studying at college so I was able to get the upgrade version for cheap at Microsoft store, and I have an old XP professional key lying around so I thought it would be the best option.

However, I am having a load of trouble. First, I have the first version of XP Professional, with no service packs. So of course the installation didn't go through because I get an error (I google'd this and it turns out I need to install SP2 so it may recognize the PCI-e port).

Then I tried downloading different versions of windows xp embedded with sp2 but can't find one ready to burn into a disk (.iso or what ever) and ready to install.

When I thought I found one, I got to start installing it but when the EULA.txt shows up, I can't find a way to accept them. Tried pressing F8 or tab or using Fn and F8 but nothing.

Does anyone have a link where I may download a version of XPSP2 .iso so I may finally install it or a workaround for the EULA?

The EULA shows up in a command prompt window and nothing I tried worked. Please help.

Thanks a lot.