Closed Solved

Which SSD?

Hi. I recently purchased a Crucial C300 128GB SSD but returned it because i didnt think the performance was worth the money at the time. Now i am willing to reinvest the money into a SSD and was wondering what would be the best choice. Should i stick to the Crucial because of the fastest read speeds and 6Gbps connection, or should i get the OCZ Vertex 2, which seems more balanced as far as write and read speeds go. I know read times will obviously be used more often. Those are just the two drives i was looking at but will take any recommendations. Thanks!
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which
  1. Best answer
    Stick with the C300 for the fastest drive out there. I have and love my Vertex 2 but I do not have SATA 6 and I got it on great sale.
  2. Ya. Thats what i figured. The Vertex is on sale for 200 but the crucial will read almost 75 or 100 more megs a second while in 6gbps so i guess ill stick with that. Just needed some reassurance. Thanks
  3. Glad to help.
  4. Best answer selected by nickeagles416.
  5. Sorry. Forgot to ask, whats the deal with the OCZ Revodrive? Only 25 more than the Crucial. The Pci ssd
  6. Nvm. Sorry. Its a ton faster but the 120 is actually 2 55gbs in raid0 so id only get that much storage? Stick to the crucial?
  7. nickeagles416 said:
    Nvm. Sorry. Its a ton faster but the 120 is actually 2 55gbs in raid0 so id only get that much storage? Stick to the crucial?

No you still get 120 Gb its just in raid so no TRIM.
  8. nickeagles416 said:
    Sorry. Forgot to ask, whats the deal with the OCZ Revodrive? Only 25 more than the Crucial. The Pci ssd

I think this is the new flagship...
  9. Mfusick said:
    I think this is the new flagship...

However, it is a raid setup and it does not support TRIM.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Crucial Performance Storage