PSU: Raidmax 730W
RAM: 8GB Patriot 1600
RAM: 8GB Talent 1333
MOBO:Asus M4A88T-V
Case: Blac X
Optical: LG DVD 24X
HDD: 7200 Sata II 1T
COOLING: Hyper 212

Should I use the MOBO's built in OC? ANyone have good results from this?

phillipjos

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Most often dont o/c in windows but the newer chipsets will o/c nicely and with a click of a button will,they acually will change the settings in the bios so it it boots and is stable go ahead and write these bios changes down for refrence,i wouldnt run it 24/7 but atleat u have an idea of some of the settings and can go higher or lower with that,imo

cmi86

Distinguished
Good OC'ing is always done through the BIOS. There is an AMD overclocking sticky at the top of the overclocking forum that will guild you through the process step by step. I recommend you read it very thoroughly before adjusting anything, you have alot of hardware and I'd hate to see it go up in smoke. One thing I'll tell you right now is having the two different speeds of ram (that probably have different timings) is going to throw a huge wrench in the mix right off the bat, That much is for sure. Good Luck

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Here is a link to the sticky

258573-29-black-edition-overclock-raising-multiplier-guide

This link talks about multiplier OC'ing I find using the multiplier is easier because if you use the FSB there are many other factors...