How to get higher O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that i am maxed out in terms of the CPU Multiplier.I have reached 3.9ghz with 19.5 for the multiplier and vcore at 1.425.Which isn't much at all,i thought i was going to have to crank up the voltage a lot more to get where i'm at after i read a couple reviews for o.c.ing my prossesor.So my question is does anyone know how i might be able to fine tune or get any more out of my prossesor.My goal was to hit 4.0ghz but i fell just short.I've tryed playing with the HT Link just to get another 100mhz but it wont hold.Just to unstable.Any help or comments would be helpful.

Phenom ii x4 965BE @3.9ghz/1.425volt
Gigabyte770t-usb3
4G DDR31600mhz currently at 1333mhz because of mobo.
XFX6870
Seasonic 520watt

How would i go about doing that?(detail)
I am still fairly new to this sort of stuff.
I'm a lil iffy about anything having to do with the NB.I've tryed raising the voltage and speed of it before but it wouldn't even boot.Had to reset it.Redoing all of that is a pain thats why i try to stay away from it.

Go to your BIOS and star to rise the NB Frequency option, keep in mind tyhat with a Deneb core you can go until 2600MHz maybe 2700MHz but no over that.

If you need rise the voltage for get it stable, your need change the CPU-NB voltage options, the NB should be on "Auto"

For some reason i can't i fnd a stable setting.I've tryed but it just won't do it.I think it's the mobo.It's not rated at 1600 by default.It can only be obatined thru and O.C.The dummies at cyberpower put in 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz.Or they configured the mobo wrong.I'm not even sure if thats correct or not.I just know that i've tryed a lot of different timings and none of them seem to work.

Look here:

I'm guessing those are all the frequncies my RAM supports.I've tryed the 1600mhz settings but it won't go.Do i have to adjust the RAM in order to increase the NB?

I've been able to get to 3.9ghz so far without altering any othe settings beisdes the CPU multiplier and core voltage.But it seems like i can't get any furuther without messing with the mobo itself.Mob itself+NB or RAM.I know i can tweak the HT Link to where i can go but the RAM Timings just screw me up.I'm only at 1.425 Above the stock i bleive i have so much more to obtain but it's all because of this stupied RAM.

Let me try to make this understandable..i've run the settings i've found for the 1600mhz in the SPD which is what i is reccomended for the settings.But my mobo decides to keep it is at 1333 even tho it's 1600 "rated" buy it desn't hold.I run Prime95 test with lots of ram tested and it fails afterd 10mins so i think it' something to do with minor things.

I'm counting the days for the new AMD Bulldozers series toget here in Aprile so all i'm doing is waiting.

I've asked os many times to O.C. in this forum but everyone comes up with the sa,e fourmes.If you can give me a guide to O.C. the NB i will be more than wlcome to take a looks at it.But for now keep it at 3.9 until the new Bulldozer chips come out this April.

Thats what i'm really waiting for.!!!

Ok.

The NB is rated at 2000MHz by default, you can get good performance rising the CPU frequency but if you rise both, CPU and NB frequency the performance will be much better.

Now, to overclock the NB you need use the same steps that you used for overclock the CPU, change from "Auto" to i.e. 2200MHz and test the rig for stability. Here you also will need find the correct voltage for the NB, that option is located in the BIOS as CPU-NB voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.