Win Fast 6100M2MA - RS2H Motherboard - Memory

graceful

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I have DDR2 553 MHz 2GB (1 GB in two slots) Have been told to get more memory I would need 2 x 2 GB 667MHz but as i've Windows XP I would only receive 3GB - is this information correct. Please....

Citizen smith

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Hi
dont know if this is too late but here u go anyway.

if you are running a 32bit operating system, this will only see 3.2 gig of memory if you want more than this you will have to move over to a 64bit operating system and is dependent on your mother board weather yiou can add more memory.
your board accepts up to 8 gig of ram in 2gig steps, you have 4 slots in total.
hope this helped and wasnt too late.
im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit with the same motherboard as you and have no issues, dont have much time for xp any more too much crap and too old you need to move on at some stage better now than never.
I am happy using win 7 much better than vista, faster less resorces

rezoloot

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

So you have a Winfast 6100M2MA and 8gig of ram on it right ????

CitizenSmith

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014

This is a really old post :) not even sure what this was about to be honest lol
but the answer to the question is NO that board will only accept 4gig, sorry don't know why I quoted that is accepted 8gig!!! misinformation sorry.
I guess your stuck with a 32bit OS I would advise you upgrade board paying attention to the boards capability's concerning ram amounts the more you have the better,
here is a link to that board and it's specs.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000237

Regards

rezoloot

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
No, I have a 64 bit operating system on it, its for a friends child, just wanted to make it as fast as possible for as little as possible, am going to stick 4 gb in it and a 3.1 cpu and be done with it

But thank you all for your time