Expertise needed removal of a old asus 1005 case

I was given a old pc at my place of employment so i can do my extra work at home. but i need more memory. my problem is removing the tower case from the pc tower.. i cant figure it.. its a BIOS VERISON: AWARD SOFTWARE, INC ASUSA P4S333-VM ACPI BIOS REVISION 1005........ Thats what i copied from the pc.. operating system im not sure if you need to know i s windows xp but.. i think its a year 2000 pc.. its old. but still works good. anyone please.. please help me..
martha
7 answers Last reply
More about expertise needed removal asus 1005 case
  1. http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/remove-case-covers.htm

    Let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

    BTW, you shouldn't touch things like memory without anti-static protection. Small sparks can destroy electronics.
    http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/static.htm

    Here is the motherboard manual
    http://dlcdnas.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4s533-vm/e1058_p4s533-vm.pdf
    Look at pages 17-20 for how to add memory. Make sure that you buy compatible memory sticks. Read the rules carefully.

    Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
  2. lol, i remember i took apart a Dell at my high school... and instead of a simple removable side panel, the other side panel folds out with the motherboard on it :o
  3. that was so cool ,to give me the manual thanks so very much. it really did h elp this weekend.
  4. dreemr57 said:
    that was so cool ,to give me the manual thanks so very much. it really did h elp this weekend.

    Glad I could help.
  5. MikeJRamsey said:
    http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/remove-case-covers.htm

    Let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

    BTW, you shouldn't touch things like memory without anti-static protection. Small sparks can destroy electronics.
    http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/static.htm

    Here is the motherboard manual
    http://dlcdnas.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4s533-vm/e1058_p4s533-vm.pdf
    Look at pages 17-20 for how to add memory. Make sure that you buy compatible memory sticks. Read the rules carefully.

    Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

    Hello, im kind of embarassed replying now.... but... ive searched on my own and i cant seem to find what you found.. ? my motherboard is P4S333-VM not the p4s5333-vm .. i might of entered a 5 in there -- ..anyway u can help me with the manual on p4s333vm please .. i would so greatly appreciate it.
  6. dreemr57 said:
    Hello, im kind of embarassed replying now.... but... ive searched on my own and i cant seem to find what you found.. ? my motherboard is P4S333-VM not the p4s5333-vm .. i might of entered a 5 in there -- ..anyway u can help me with the manual on p4s333vm please .. i would so greatly appreciate it.

    Np.

    http://dlcdnas.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4s333-vm/e922_p4s333-vm.pdf
  7. Your so cool.. thanks so very much for the info.. i had such a hard time finding it. thanks.. again
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components