Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Im in the process of building a new computer and i decided im going to go with the Noctua NH-U12P for my build. I did recently buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus but i ended up just putting it in my older system. I just fell in love with the Noctua NH-U12P there's just something about the way the Noctua fans look in alluminum cases. Since im not the biggest overclocker and the highest overclock i'll be doing is 4ghz on a i5 2500k. Do you think i can run my i5 2500k at 4ghz with the Noctua NH-U12P stable? My computer will be running atleast 12 hours a day and i am a gamer. My case is the Lian-li 7FNW mid tower case. Anyone using this cooler?

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011

Sweet thanks!...And OMG Davcon i always see you on here lol....Thanks for the reply you've been helpful. I was going to get the Armageddon but it was going to cost me alot more because i needed 2 140mm fans plus the heatsink which would of cost me over $100 for the Armageddon and the Noctua NH-U12P only cost me $65 out here in the bay area. I thought about buying the Megahalem and Venomous X also but that would of cost me another $40-$50 more with the fans im putting on. So i figure the Noctua gives me the best deal since it comes with 2 expensive fans and the heatsink. I know those other heatsinks are better but like i said im not a big overclocker at most i'll go is 4ghz...I use to think the Noctua fans were ugly but i started to fall in love with the ugly thing lol. It looks good in alluminum cases for some reason but it doesn't look good in black interior cases.