Event Viewer Error

In the System node in event viewer a error report with
the message: "While validating that \Device\Serial0 was
really a serial port, the contents of the divisor latch
register was identical to the interrupt enable and the
receive registers. The device is assumed not to be a
serial port and will be deleted." Can you help me please?
2 answers Last reply
More about event viewer error

    Why are you asking for help - anything doesn't work?
    -PA

    "kostasV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18ead01c44c50$1f801980$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > In the System node in event viewer a error report with
    > the message: "While validating that \Device\Serial0 was
    > really a serial port, the contents of the divisor latch
    > register was identical to the interrupt enable and the
    > receive registers. The device is assumed not to be a
    > serial port and will be deleted." Can you help me please?

Configuration Event Viewer Devices Windows XP