Sign in with
Your question

C drive

Last response: in Storage
December 20, 2010 9:13:40 AM

i have 160 GB HD. For C drive only 15 gb was alloted. Already 13 gb used by system. i am trying to install unreal tournament. it requires 5 gb for extracting. when i extract setup file it open with DOS and start with C drive only. Please help me to increase my C drive space or to change the destination directory with DOS prompt

More about : drive

December 20, 2010 9:49:29 AM

Are you using the Pirated or Original copy of the game?
m
l
December 20, 2010 10:06:13 AM

I downloaded from piratebay.org. So it will be pirated
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2010 10:09:58 AM

In that case we can't help you.
m
l
December 20, 2010 12:38:50 PM

Thought so since you won't face these problems with originals (as far as I know). Better luck elsewhere.
m
l
December 20, 2010 2:02:39 PM

leave that case. How i can increase my C drive size by not going for reinstalling windows.
m
l
December 21, 2010 8:23:37 AM

You partitioned your drive? How much is on C: and how much on other drive?
m
l
a c 99 G Storage
December 21, 2010 3:16:15 PM

Assuming that you are using a Microdoft Operating System (XP, Vista, or 7), Disk Mangement will do that for you. You don' thav to reinstall the OS, or do anything in DOS.

Click Start/Computer/Right-Click/Choose Manage/click on Disk Management in the left pane

In the graphic display of all your drives, you should see the partions, too.

Right click on the "other partition" for your C: drive, and you should have option to expand or extend the C: partition to the full 160GB (or 156GB in Windows).

P.S. Why are pirates so mean? They just arrrrrrrrrrr!
m
l
a b G Storage
December 21, 2010 3:27:43 PM

foscooter said:
Assuming that you are using a Microdoft Operating System (XP, Vista, or 7), Disk Mangement will do that for you. You don' thav to reinstall the OS, or do anything in DOS.

Click Start/Computer/Right-Click/Choose Manage/click on Disk Management in the left pane

In the graphic display of all your drives, you should see the partions, too.

Right click on the "other partition" for your C: drive, and you should have option to expand or extend the C: partition to the full 160GB (or 156GB in Windows).

P.S. Why are pirates so mean? They just arrrrrrrrrrr!

Completely correct. For most users, and especially on a drive that small, just expand your C volume to the maximum possible. If your drive is partitioned into several drives (C, D, etc) you will need to shrink or remove your other volumes to expand C. However, windows can only shrink/expand to the first non-movable files in the next volume, so you will have mixed results with how much you can re-arrange your partitions. Ideally, on a drive as small as yours, most typical users should just have 1 large partition on windows operating systems, for simplicity. And if you prefer to have several partitions, leave more than 15gb for your sys volume :-)
m
l
!