• PCI
  • Geforce
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2009 10:02:39 AM

Hi Guyzz
Please tell me the names of some geforce cards with pci interface as I do not have pci e interface.
Any help will be appreciated.
Please guyz help me..

More about : urgent

a c 177 U Graphics card
May 24, 2009 11:35:02 AM

This is an urgent help question?

Why only Geforce? AMD also put cards on the PCI bus, some of them better then what Nvidia ever did. What cards are available where you live? What budget are we talking about here?
May 24, 2009 9:59:36 PM

There is no problem of budget.Tell me a card of amd which is quite popular and works good on PCI bus
Related resources
May 24, 2009 10:04:21 PM

And it should also support vertex and pixel shader and hardware transform and lightning.
Thanks
May 24, 2009 10:04:29 PM

I have Intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
Thanks
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 25, 2009 1:10:40 AM

Pretty much all cards these days support hardware T&L. They also support shading, but there are various levels of it. The newest is Vertex and Pixel shading level 4, or DX10. New games require level 3, which is as high as DX9 went.

Rather then give us tiny little post with no real info, why don't you bring us up to speed. What computer do you have? What game are you trying to play. Even if you bought a PCI video card, the odds are low that it will provide an enjoyable experience. The PCI bus is simply to small to allow good frame rates. Here is a good buy for a PCI video card from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
May 25, 2009 3:38:46 AM

Thanx
I will try to get a sparkle card.But I live in India.I am quite sure that this card isn't available in my city.That's why I will buy it from outside.But if there are some AMD cards as good as the sparkle one and works on PCI bus then please let me know because AMD cards are popular here.I think my PC can handle most cards.
Intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
1.5gb DDR2 ram (it can be expanded if needed)
450W power supply(Is it sufficient ?)
And also please tell me are these sparkle cards good enough to play games like Resident evil 4,GTA-4
Thanx
May 25, 2009 4:18:32 AM

vicecity000 said:
Thanx
I will try to get a sparkle card.But I live in India.I am quite sure that this card isn't available in my city.That's why I will buy it from outside.But if there are some AMD cards as good as the sparkle one and works on PCI bus then please let me know because AMD cards are popular here.I think my PC can handle most cards.
Intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
1.5gb DDR2 ram (it can be expanded if needed)
450W power supply(Is it sufficient ?)
And also please tell me are these sparkle cards good enough to play games like Resident evil 4,GTA-4
Thanx

No, they're not. I think that's what they were getting at in the first place. You might be lucky enough to get the games to run on these cards, but they wont run at playable rates, specially with GTA-4. If budget really isnt a problem for you, you can purcahse a different motherboard and videocard that 'can' play these titles while not spending much more money.

The best these PCI cards are useful for is CUDA on old single core machines. They wont game, and if you buy them for gaming, you'll honestly just be wasting some hard earned cash.
May 25, 2009 4:37:29 AM

So the sparkle 9400gt or 9500gt can't play Resident Evil,GtA-4. Are you sure that these cards are a waste? If so then is there any card which runs on PCI bus and can play them. I can't buy a new motherboard,I dont have that much money and more over this pc is also not too old.
Please someone help me
Thanx
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 25, 2009 5:04:18 AM

Ohhh, India. Why didn't you say so in the first place? Honestly, why ask for the best that can be had IF ITS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA?! Why don't you list the options that ARE available to you, and we can pick the best from those.

As I mentioned in my last post, the PCI bus is to small to allow game play. We are talking about a shared bus that has the total bandwidth of less then the SATA(I) interface. You simply can't transfer enough information to the card fast enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_Component_Inter...

If you want to play modern games, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard. That or find a way to play modern games at 7FPS.
May 25, 2009 5:12:56 AM

Ok thnx.
So the result is that eventually I have to upgrade my motherboard to play mordern games like GTA-4 and resident evil.Or there is no choice other than that.
Let's hope I get good marks in the Tenth class exams so that I can buy a new motherboard.
Thanx again
May 25, 2009 5:32:31 AM

I'm actually kind of suprised that a 775 socket motherboard doesnt have a pci-e port. Even the el'cheapo dells, hp, and gateways generally come with one. Is it possible you can open up your case and snap a picture for us?
May 25, 2009 5:45:27 AM

Actually I am also surprised.
I have a Intel 82945g Express chipset family. According to Intel site it says that 945g chipsets have a PCI-e x16 port.See link :
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/chipsets/945g/945...
But my motherboard is Intel D945gcpe. And according to Intel it doesn't have a PCI-E slot.It only has 2 PCI slot. See link :
http://www-dr.cps.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboar...
See that is why I can't buy another MB.This PC is also new and I can't just throw it. And also I wan't to play games because I know the only problem is graphic card. Otherwise,this desktop is good.
May 25, 2009 6:40:00 AM

What's your budget, translated to USD? Or perhaps send me an indian site that has translation, and I'll see if we can find something that could fit your budget in terms of a mobo/gfx update.

You'd be surprised what you can do if you shop around.
May 25, 2009 8:21:17 AM

Thnx for the help.
As I already told that I can buy a new mother board only if I get good marks in my exams.The result will be declared on 28th or 29th may.If I get good marks I will let you know, so thet you can help me build a new motherboard.
Lets hope I get good marks.
Thanx again
!