saransh003

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
When I turn on my computer it gets stuck when the motherboard logo shows up. Sometimes it may go past it and shows that there's a hardware change due to which the pc can't be turned on. First of all I just used to pull out the ram and then put it right back into the same or a different slot and the pc used to run.But now nothing works. I get stuck on the motherboard logo and can't proceed further.
Specifications-
MSI p43 neo3-f mobo
Q8200 processor
9500gt card
2 GB ram

I would pull the board and check for standoffs out of position (under circuitry instead of mounting holes) or any metal or other objects that could be causing your posting problems. I would also use a virus cleanup program and scan for virus or other problems.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
You said you took the ram out and put it back in, but try booting up without one stick, and then without another, if it starts you know you have bad ram.

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007

Virus? It's not even booting from the hdd.
As JDV28 said, take the ram out and see if the motherboard will "beep". If it does then try to go into bios and check your temps. Also create a boot cd with Memtest and check your ram. Let us know the result.

If it works with any one RAM stick, but not with all of them, check the RAM voltage in your BIOS. You may need to increase it. The RAM should specify what it requires on the little sticker attached to it. The JEDEC standard is 1.8v (where your mobo will default), but a lot of RAM manufacturers think it is ok to ignore this standard.