Resale value of used Antec case & PSU

vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I found a used Antec server case and 650W PSU for $60 on Craigslist. I think they will work for the new system I'm building, but I'd feel better knowing that I can resell them for at least what I paid if they don't work out.

Case: Antec SX1040BII Black Performance Series II SOHO File Server Case - as seen here
PSU: Antec TP3-650 Rev. A2 TruePower Trio 650W PSU - as seen here

How much do you think I could sell these components for in case they don't work for me? They are used but appear to be in good condition.

Thanks all.

vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
That's a good point, but I know that stuff on Craigslist can be overpriced sometimes.

I'm also curious to know what the components are worth individually, in case I keep one and sell the other.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Once the computer case looks good and nothing is missing, getting back the $60 or $50 back for everything should not be hard, especially on craigslist.

vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Update: I bought the combo - the owner had obviously taken care of it well. Only signs of use were 1 missing optical drive cover and no hard drive rails (for quick replacement of HDDs - no big deal to me). He threw in several aftermarket case fans and some adapter cables. Reason for selling was because he just got a nice new Antec 1200.

Do you think I could replace the HDD rails somehow? I think that's the only factor that could affect resale value if I wanted to sell down the road.

vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
P.S. I'll definitely keep the PSU and probably the case. The case looks good but it's massive - the Antec 300 might be more my speed. I'm wondering if I could get like $40-50 just for the case, which would mean pretty much free PSU...

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I believe that I have the same case and if you are talking about the metal cage that the hard drives screw into is missing, then that would be a hard sell.

How are you going to mount your hard drives in the case without the rails/cage?

In your OP, both links point to the same PSU web site and not the case in question.

vainglorious11

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Oops, sorry about the link mixup.

The cages are not missing - the HDD's can still be screwed in. It just didn't come with the quick-mount rails.