Embedd WMP 9 /10 in a Pocket IE Page

June 28, 2005 5:37:43 PM

Hello all,

I try to embed the WMP Control 9 and 10 in a webpage of pocket IE for
playing videos and mp3s. I use html and css but nothing worked so far.

Is there an example or source code anywhere?
I googled around for a while, but found nothing.

Roland

More about : embedd wmp pocket page

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:14:03 AM

Ahh.. Embedding WMP in Pocket IE.

That would require The WMP activex control

Now - here is where it gets rather complicated - I can tell you what I
discovered as far as doing this in a smartphone.

MS released a redistributable package which included the activex
control for 2002, Withdrew it (for an unknown reason - it was buggy but
could be worked with) but didn't release a control for 2003 - Unless
you consider 2003SE with WMP10 - but The version of WMP that your phone
ships with is up to the phone manufacturer.

2005 AKA "Magneto" which ships with WMP10 will probably not have this
problem - but then again you are probably not going to see a decent
number of Magneto devices out there for a few years.

Welcome to my pain.

Roland Hochmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I try to embed the WMP Control 9 and 10 in a webpage of pocket IE for
> playing videos and mp3s. I use html and css but nothing worked so far.
>
> Is there an example or source code anywhere?
> I googled around for a while, but found nothing.
>

> Roland
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:33:29 AM

Hello drmiaow,

Thnks for the information.
Now I managed to embed videos for WMP 10. It would be ok if the user
has not WMP 10 in ROM to look for the ActiveX Control 6.4 or 7 or WMP
9 but how do I get the version information which WMP / Active X
control is installed?

greetings,

Roland

On 30 Jun 2005 21:14:03 -0700, drmiaow@gmail.com wrote:

>Ahh.. Embedding WMP in Pocket IE.
>
>That would require The WMP activex control
>
>Now - here is where it gets rather complicated - I can tell you what I
>discovered as far as doing this in a smartphone.
>
>MS released a redistributable package which included the activex
>control for 2002, Withdrew it (for an unknown reason - it was buggy but
>could be worked with) but didn't release a control for 2003 - Unless
>you consider 2003SE with WMP10 - but The version of WMP that your phone
>ships with is up to the phone manufacturer.
>
>2005 AKA "Magneto" which ships with WMP10 will probably not have this
>problem - but then again you are probably not going to see a decent
>number of Magneto devices out there for a few years.
>
>Welcome to my pain.
>
>Roland Hochmann wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I try to embed the WMP Control 9 and 10 in a webpage of pocket IE for
>> playing videos and mp3s. I use html and css but nothing worked so far.
>>
>> Is there an example or source code anywhere?
>> I googled around for a while, but found nothing.
>>

>> Roland

July 2, 2005 12:45:12 PM

Pocket IE has no method comparable to new
ActiveXObject(objectHandleID) so you wouldn't be able to test for it
without embedding the player.

The old OCX and the new WMP10 object use the player 6.4 and 10 object
models documented on msdn.microsoft.com, so you could load a page
which embeds both (hidden , width / height zero) and test in
javascript for a property of the object, say URL and FileName, which
is different between the object models.

Then just save that to a cookie and away you go, check it on each page
visit at your server and send the correct code for whichever version
is installed.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:33:29 GMT, r.hochmann@mairdumont.com (Roland
Hochmann) wrote:

>Hello drmiaow,
>
>Thnks for the information.
>Now I managed to embed videos for WMP 10. It would be ok if the user
>has not WMP 10 in ROM to look for the ActiveX Control 6.4 or 7 or WMP
>9 but how do I get the version information which WMP / Active X
>control is installed?
>
>greetings,
>
>Roland
>
>On 30 Jun 2005 21:14:03 -0700, drmiaow@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Ahh.. Embedding WMP in Pocket IE.
>>
>>That would require The WMP activex control
>>
>>Now - here is where it gets rather complicated - I can tell you what I
>>discovered as far as doing this in a smartphone.
>>
>>MS released a redistributable package which included the activex
>>control for 2002, Withdrew it (for an unknown reason - it was buggy but
>>could be worked with) but didn't release a control for 2003 - Unless
>>you consider 2003SE with WMP10 - but The version of WMP that your phone
>>ships with is up to the phone manufacturer.
>>
>>2005 AKA "Magneto" which ships with WMP10 will probably not have this
>>problem - but then again you are probably not going to see a decent
>>number of Magneto devices out there for a few years.
>>
>>Welcome to my pain.
>>
>>Roland Hochmann wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I try to embed the WMP Control 9 and 10 in a webpage of pocket IE for
>>> playing videos and mp3s. I use html and css but nothing worked so far.
>>>
>>> Is there an example or source code anywhere?
>>> I googled around for a while, but found nothing.
>>>

>>> Roland

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 4:00:01 PM

i have the setup for wmp for PIE (6.4 object model)

and to check whether the activex is installed ive checked thru searching for
the dll files related to WMP 6.4 for pie.

if u want the setup for the older version let me know thru email.

Thanks,

Arvind

"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

e-Mail : arvindr@erivasystems.com

Web Site: www.erivasystems.com

Yahoo Messenger : arvish27

!