My Pacard Bell

G

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. I have an old Packard Bell PC I was going to do a complete system recovery from the master CD's but it would not work. It kept saying cannot read Q-drive? Any hoot I went into the bios settings and had a mess around now my pc will not boot up. It just comes up with the very first screen that says Pacard Bell and thats it I cannot do anything else now. Have I broken it or is there anything I can do to get it back up and running. Regrds M J Payne. :pt1cable:

Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

The BIOS will be explained in your User Manual. If you do not have a manual, download it from a suitable site (Packard Bell). http://il.packardbell.com/pb/en/IL/content/support

You can reset the BIOS to factory defaults by removing the RTC battery (CR 2032) located on the motherboard and re-installing the battery (known good one) after 10 minutes.

This will be your starting point for further trouble-shooting.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
How old is it? I have a PB 386 SX I bought in 1990. If it has been sitting around for a long time, disconnect and reconnect all of the plugs, wires etc. Q drive sounds to me like Q basic, which the older Windows 3.1 and DOS systems used. If it has an old floppy drive, use that first for a boot drive. The approximate year, make and model would be helpful.

G

Hi and thanks for the responses. Model/type VOL-C02. I've got it back up and running now sort of, still cannot but Master cd's throug it though. It still keeps bletting on about this Q-drive. Computers can be very frustrating indeed. Thanks agian for the advice. Matt

TRENDING THREADS